none
Microsoft Office Customiztion installer popup is not coming automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created Word addin project and setup project for deploying addin using MSI installation.

I have clicked the MSI in client machine and it installed successfully,but Microsoft office customization installer popup is not coming automatically (Example: After MSI installation if i open an word document custom tab is appering but all the buttons in that tab are not functioning). After that I have to go to physical location (Ex: C:\\programFile\wordaddin\) where the VSTO File (Wordaddin.vsto) is generated and need to click manually then only Microsoft office customization installer popup is coming and installing properly and all the buttons in the custom tab functioning properly

Can you please how to get the Microsoft office customization installer popup automatically in msi click itself.

Thanks

Nagaravikumar 

ravi

Monday, September 3, 2012 11:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• it sounds like you forgot to set needed info inside registry during installation using MSI

please write here all registry keys that you modify during MSI deployment.

Monday, September 3, 2012 11:56 AM
  • Hi,

Thank for reply.. I am using the below registry keys.

I had added the key "EnableLocalMachineVSTO=1" under the path HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Softwares\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\General

and i added the key "EnableLocalMachineVSTO=1" under the path HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Softwares\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\General

and also i added the keys "LoadBehavior=3", "Manifest=[TARGETDIR]WordAddin.vsto|vstolocal" under the path User/Machine Hive/Softwares/Office/Word/Addins/WordAddIn

Please let me know what i need to change..

Thanks

Nagaravikumar

ravi

Monday, September 3, 2012 3:02 PM
  • last entries - if you place them under HKCU - which means current user - no wonder that other users do not see that plugin installed - move those entries also under HKLM so it should be:

HKLM/Machine Hive/Softwares/Office/Word/Addins/WordAddIn
    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 6:18 AM
  • Hi,

As you said i have moved the keys

"LoadBehavior=3", "Manifest=[TARGETDIR]WordAddin.vsto|vstolocal" under the path

from User/Machine Hive/Softwares/Office/Word/Addins/WordAddIn..

to  HKLM/Machine Hive/Softwares/Office/Word/Addins/WordAddIn    but it is not working..

Please let me know if we need to change any other properties.. Need to place under HKLM or HKCU?

Thanks

Nagaravikumar

ravi

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 11:30 AM
  • you have to move _all_ values from under HKCU\...\Word\Addings\youraddin

to corresponding HKLM path, simplest way would be to export your whole key to reg file, open in notepad and change to HKLM and import it

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:53 PM
  • Hi DamianD,

Thank for your reply..

Actually i don't have any key's under HKCU. I am giving all the registry key structure i am using.

1) I have a key "EnableLocalMachineVSTO=1" under the path HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Softwares\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\General

2)  I have a key "EnableLocalMachineVSTO=1" under the path HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Softwares\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\General

3) I have keys "LoadBehavior=3", "Manifest=[TARGETDIR]WordAddin.vsto|vstolocal" under the path User/Machine Hive/Softwares/Office/Word/Addins/WordAddIn

If i go to physical location where the MSI is installed then click the deployment manifest file WordAddin.vsto then only Microsoft Office Customization installer is launching and installing.

Please let me know how the deployment manifest file to execute it in MSI Itself.

Thanks

Nagaravikumar

ravi

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 10:45 AM
  • in your msi project, go to registry editor and make sure you have entries under HKLM like here:

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 7:40 PM
  • Hello Damien,

I am having the same problem but have the registry entries that you described (FriendlyName, LoadBehavior, Manifest). An clue?

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:04 PM