Visual Basic.net RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I am trying to connect an online database and i have uploaded it to server! i go to vb.net - add new dataset - Microsoft Access Database File (OLE DB) - database file link of database - username: myhostusername and pasword: my server password! when i am trying to connect says error: cannot start your application. the workgroup information file is missing or opend ex by another user!!!
    Thursday, April 9, 2015 3:44 PM

All replies

• Hello Redian,

It is not clear if this issue is caused by the application or the database, I suggest that you could test a local database to determine this scenario. Or if it is caused by the VB.NET application, you could ask it on the VB.NET forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vbgeneral

Currently, what we can do is provided information against this exception, check the KB link to check if helpful:

PRB: "Cannot Start Your Application" Error When You Open a Database Project That Has an Access Data Connection, you might need to add the passwork keyword.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Fred Bao Friday, April 10, 2015 8:37 AM
    Friday, April 10, 2015 8:36 AM
  • You're not trying to connect via HTTP are you? I don't believe this is possible with a Microsoft Access database. Perhaps you could post your connection string?

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Friday, April 17, 2015 3:46 PM