Retrieve values from another list in a sharepoint using SPD 2007 workflow RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You mean you want to display data from multiple list with in site collection? If so then use dataview webpart. Here is some good blogs:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-designer-help/create-a-data-view-HA010094804.aspx

http://www.click2learn.ch/help/Pages/SimpleDataViewWebpart.aspx

Hope it could help

Off Topic:

>I Have 2 Lists  List A

next time,  Instead of putting question in thread title just use thread body and explain more about your problem/issue. This two line description is not enough to solve your problem

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:30 AM
  • Cont...

List one consists of Dates,tasks and person who performs the tasks on that day

LIST1
    Date Task1 Task2 Task3 Task4 Task5
    01-Oct-12 Person1 Person2 Person3 Person4 Person5
    02-Oct-12 Person2 Person3 Person4 Person5 Person1
    03-Oct-12 Person3 Person4 Person5 Person2 Person1
    04-Oct-12 Person4 Person5 Person3 Person2 Person1
    05-Oct-12 Person5 Person4 Person3 Person2 Person1

List 2
    Created   Task  Assign Task
    05-Oct-12   Task1  ?

When a new item is created in List 2

With date and task number  the work flow should  go back to the list1 and look on that date who should perform the task and update the same the Assign Task column of list 2

For Example if a new item is created in list 2 with created date as 05-oct-2012 and task is Task1 then the workflow should go back to list 1 and look up on that day who has to perform that task and update here in this example it should be updated as person5

Hope this helps

please suggest how can i do this through a SPD workflow or is there  any easy method 

Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:20 PM
  • Hi,

I don't think one workflow can solve your problem. You may need to create two designer workflows. For example: If item is add/update in first list then you can call second workflow which will look into second list and update same in first list by calling first one. It is bit complex situation but manageable through designer.

Look into this microsoft article to call second workflow:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-designer-help/create-a-secondary-workflow-HA010237656.aspx

Hope it could help

Friday, October 5, 2012 5:14 AM
  • My data in List 1 is static and no more items will be created. So I guess only 1 workflow should be able to do the job....

New items would be created only on List2 . List1 acts as a database

Hope u are more clear now ...

Thanks

Friday, October 5, 2012 5:31 AM
  • My data in List 1 is static and no more items will be created. So I guess only 1 workflow should be able to do the job....

New items would be created only on List2 . List1 acts as a database

Hope u are more clear now ...

Thanks

Saturday, October 6, 2012 10:00 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for delay, as i told you one designer workflow will not help you because designer workflow does not have capability to check value in other list and get data from that list and update in first list.

If you have such requirement so you can create visual studio workflow which can fulfill your requirements or you can also look into event handler.

Hope it could help

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:04 AM
  • Thank you for the reply i have modified my lists a bit and was able to do it with designer workflow itself
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:07 AM