windows form - full screen mode RRS feed

• Question

• I have a windows form with nothing more than 4 picture boxes on there and a button. How (if even possible) can I show this page in full screen mode but at the same time allow each control on the form to format and resize in proportion.

The best analogy I can give to describe what I want is when thinking about PowerPoint. When you create a slide and then press the F5 button to go into slideshow mode, no matter what size monitor or resolution you use, it always fills up the screen appropriately. If anything, I am trying to achieve something similar (even if it mans putting black lines down the sides of the screen to keep proportions correct)

You can't dangle the bogus carrot of possible reconciliation in front of me whilst riding some other donkey

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:03 PM

Answers

• Deleted
    • Proposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Youen Zen Tuesday, March 6, 2012 3:28 AM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

that is certainly helpful to get full screen working but I want the picture boxes to proportionatly resize to full screen as well.

You can't dangle the bogus carrot of possible reconciliation in front of me whilst riding some other donkey

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:21 PM
  • Mixed results really. DockStyle.fill just maximises a single picture to the windows form. I have 4 pictures in a 4x4 box configuration that I want proportionally resizing together when in full screen mode

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:42 PM
  • Mixed results really. DockStyle.fill just maximises a single picture to the windows form. I have 4 pictures in a 4x4 box configuration that I want proportionally resizing together when in full screen mode
    TableLayoutPanel?

Armin

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:11 PM
  • Just saying TableLayoutPanel is not too helpful I'm afraid. I am aware of all the controls at my disposal, I just don't know how to use them the way I need. Unless you are able to elaborate on what to do with a TableLayoutPanel?

Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:52 AM
  • Just saying TableLayoutPanel is not too helpful I'm afraid. I am aware of all the controls at my disposal, I just don't know how to use them the way I need. Unless you are able to elaborate on what to do with a TableLayoutPanel?

1. Create a TableLayoutPanel.
    2. Set it's dock to Fill.
    3. Click little white arrow at the TableLayoutPanel and select Edit rows and Columns...
    4. Select Rows from the drop down menu at the top.
    5. Press the Add button.
    6. Set the size mode to Absolute and select 34, to set a fixed height.
      You can alternatly select Percent and try to find a good match, percent will cause the bottom row to resize as well.
    7. Press OK.
    8. Move the PictureBoxes into the top 4 TableLayoutPanel cells and set all their docks to Fill.
    9. Insert a Panel to the TableLayoutPanel, set it's dock to Fill and ColumnSpan to 2.
    10. Insert buttons of your choice in the Panel you just inserted into the bottom 2 cells of the TableLayoutPanel.

Tell me if this worked.

Sincerely yours,
    - bilde2910

If a post is helpful to you or solves a problem, remember to mark it as answer, propose it as answer or vote up.
    Check out my development so far!

Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:47 AM
  • That is a follow up question, try to be also helpfull to others who are searching for a question.

Mark all the replies which in somehow answered the origianal question as answer, vote all helpful text as helpfull and create a new message.

You see that your question is answered but because your follow up question complete different things are replied which have as much to do with your original question like changing the font color of the text property of a form.

Success
    Cor

Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:04 AM
  • That is a follow up question, try to be also helpfull to others who are searching for a question.

Mark all the replies which in somehow answered the origianal question as answer, vote all helpful text as helpfull and create a new message.

You see that your question is answered but because your follow up question complete different things are replied which have as much to do with your original question like changing the font color of the text property of a form.

Success
    Cor

Ded_innit said;
    [...] but at the same time allow each control on the form to format and resize in proportion.

Seems related to me, he wondered how to do it, the community suggested TableLayoutPanel, he didn't know how to use it all properly, so we tell him the answer.

Sincerely yours,
    - bilde2910

If a post is helpful to you or solves a problem, remember to mark it as answer, propose it as answer or vote up.
    Check out my development so far!

Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:49 AM

• Cor

Ded_innit said;
    [...] but at the same time allow each control on the form to format and resize in proportion.

Seems related to me, he wondered how to do it, the community suggested TableLayoutPanel, he didn't know how to use it all properly, so we tell him the answer.

Sincerely yours,
    - bilde2910

Yes like a keyboard and a mouse are also related to every windows forms question. And needed to rezise a form. 

But not really needed for VB to set it in Full Size full screen in a way like powerpoint. 

That is already answered by Jordan in his first reply. 

Success
    Cor

Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:06 AM
    Well, sometimes an impulse is sufficient. :) Put it on a Form and see yourself. Make 4 rows and 4 columns. If it's not what you need, the answer is no.

Armin

Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:11 AM