none
About support document of apps for Office RRS feed

• Question

• When you add the Microsoft Seller Dashboard apps, URL of the supporting documentation is required. 

To register for this support document must either what preparation do not know me. 
    To do so, please let the two questions. 

If you want to configure the 1. Supporting documentation URL, and has released the app store user I Where can I find the link. 

As a method to check for 2. Specifically, I can see the link to the support document information from the app that is currently published. 
    (For example, supporting documentation of Bing Map app) 

Thanks in advance.

--

kensuke

朝倉 健介

Friday, July 12, 2013 8:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

For current apps they will not pass validation without a support site of some kind and the element that is inside the app itself is the SupportURL element. We have put in a request to provide more documentation around this but the validation policy for this would be 7.8.

The main idea for a support site is that you customers would be able to easily understand how to contact you for support of your apps. Some developers provide something as simple as an email address while others provide a full support portal.

You can use the same URL inside Seller Dashboard and the SupportURL element.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

JesB

JesB Office Store

• Marked as answer by ErikOlson Thursday, September 5, 2013 7:54 PM
    Tuesday, July 16, 2013 3:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you asking about where the support link is located once an app has been published in the Office store? Or where it should be located inside your code?

As far as where the support link is found in a published app for Office is available in the top right-hand side of an app. If you click near the right-hand side of the app a small menu appears.

Some earlier apps may not have the "Get Support" link enabled as it is a newer requirement to provide a support link directly into the app.

As far as what type of content needs to be provided in the support link please refer to the validation policies.

Here is an example of the menu and the end result of where the "Get Support" link is:

Thanks,

JesB

JesB Office Store

• Proposed as answer by JesBModerator Monday, July 15, 2013 5:25 PM
    Monday, July 15, 2013 5:25 PM
  • Hi JesB, 

Thank you for answer very carefully. 

I was reading a validation policies, but specific information was not sure. 

However, we were able by the information that you have taught me to you, to understand the information in the supporting documentation that you have wanted to know. 

I was very helpful. 

By the way ... 

Do not be able to publish the app without setting the link of support documents? 
    I want to register and publish the application by the end of the month, but to prepare the support site right now is difficult. 
    As many apps, "Get Support" link has been published in a disabled state. 

Do not have a good wisdom? 

Thanks, 

Kensuke

朝倉 健介

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:03 AM
  • Hi,

For current apps they will not pass validation without a support site of some kind and the element that is inside the app itself is the SupportURL element. We have put in a request to provide more documentation around this but the validation policy for this would be 7.8.

The main idea for a support site is that you customers would be able to easily understand how to contact you for support of your apps. Some developers provide something as simple as an email address while others provide a full support portal.

You can use the same URL inside Seller Dashboard and the SupportURL element.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

JesB

JesB Office Store

• Marked as answer by ErikOlson Thursday, September 5, 2013 7:54 PM
    Tuesday, July 16, 2013 3:24 PM