none
Result Source - Search Terms Error - BDC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to setup a result source (for a BDC) using QueryBuilder with the query text as

({searchTerms}) AND (MatchablePath:/sites/ProfilePages/_bdc* AND BDCEntityName:"Projects")

When I hit "test query" I get error: We didn't understand your search terms. Make sure you're using the proper syntax

When I go check ULS logs, I found below messages:

ProductivitySearchFlowExecutor: New request: Query template '({searchTerms}) AND (MatchablePath:/sites/ProfilePages/_bdc* AND BDCEntityName:"Projects")' transformed to query text '() AND (MatchablePath:/sites/ProfilePages/_bdc* AND BDCEntityName:"Projects")'.

QueryRouterEvaluator: evaluation failure for query () AND (MatchablePath:/sites/ProfilePages/_bdc* AND BDCEntityName:"Projects") -ContentClass=urn:content-class:SPSPeople against source 8413cd39-2156-4e00-b54d-11efd9abdb80

I crawled a content source that goes against BDC external data source, and the crawl finished successfully. I can see that there are around 3000 items matching the above query text. What could be going wrong? Why does the search engine convert ({searchTerms}) into ()

Below is the search service application's system status:

• Edited by diffident Wednesday, April 26, 2017 10:13 PM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 10:12 PM

All replies