Disabled Test cases are getting executed when testtoolstask is passed with testcontainer RRS feed

• Question

• all the disabled test cases(in VSMDI) are getting executed when the testtoolstasks is passed with testcontainer

it does work fine when the ignoreAttribute is added to the test method. is this expected? won't disabling the test in vsmdi set this?

should any other flag to be passed to make it work without setting the ignoreattribute?

shiv
    Saturday, July 24, 2010 1:23 AM

All replies

• You may want to try specifying the testlist.....

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms182489(VS.100).aspx

Saturday, July 24, 2010 1:34 AM
  • but we don't want to maintain .vsmdi file and test list anymore and have categoried the tests. so want my build to go based on container and category(to filter) the ones needed for build.

shiv
    Saturday, July 24, 2010 2:16 AM
  • Can you post the args that you're passing in?  ie: /testcontainer:{blah} /category:{blahagain}

If you specify one or more test containers and one or more categories than any tests not in those containers/categories should be exectued...

You shouldn't have to specify metadata (ie: /testmetadata) argument.

Saturday, July 24, 2010 3:47 AM
  • not directly calling thru command line, calling thru Team build and below is the configuration. The testcases disabled in VSMDI is getting executed and have to manually set IgnoreAttribute to the method to really ignore it.

The RunconfigFile is a property in the teambuild target and have twiged it to work this way. I also have the issue of unable to run a test category posted at : http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tfsgeneral/thread/5f9e9b3f-f017-4308-b2c6-b5b817fce6c9

<LocalTestContainer Include="$(OutDir)\My.Test.dll;
                                     $(OutDir)\My.Test2.dll>
          <RunConfigFile>$(SolutionRoot)\TestRunConfiguration.testrunconfig</RunConfigFile>
          <TestCategories>UnitTest</TestCategories>
        </LocalTestContainer>

shiv
    Monday, July 26, 2010 3:18 PM
  • I see.  I haven't used Team Build 2008.  
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 1:23 PM