none
MS access database with Web Browser Front End RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is there a way we can use MS Access database for web based front end in SharePoint or Office 365.

I saw MS is recommending PowerApps just wanted to see if still there is an option to use MS Access as backend?

If no option then does anyone has idea how to create tables/forms/report in PowerApps (I have been looking for tutorial for this option too)

Thanks

Abbas786

Monday, October 15, 2018 4:00 PM

All replies

• If you want to go Web, then go web, PHP, .NET, ... you will be far better off.

If you want to keep using Access as your front-end then look at creating a hybrid SQL Azure (back-end) with a standard Access front-end.

Forget about SharePoint.

Daniel Pineault, 2010-2018 Microsoft MVP
    Professional Support: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
    MS Access Tips and Code Samples: http://www.devhut.net

Monday, October 15, 2018 6:32 PM
  • Hi,

This is Youbot(BesteGoods) from the Ubot Studio forum. I've been trying to reach you. I need help solving a No Captcha Recaptcha. 

In short: Debugger shows that I got the captcha response and invisible field is filled out with the response, but form doesn't submit even after I'm 100% sure the submit button was clicked.

For reference: 

network.ubotstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic/19307

Are you available for a team viewer session? 

Thank you and I really appreciate it!

Regards, Tyler.
    Friday, July 17, 2020 5:24 AM
  • in a word - nope...   as DP recommends if one goes browser based it's a total new build and in the end has nothing to do with Access....

btw - this has been a universal wish for years of having some magical transformation from an Access/windows front end to web - and Microsoft went down this road with web forms for a few years...but the technology just isn't sane and it was deprecated....

to provide Access for geographically separated users - use Terminal Services / Remote Desktop.  this works very well. given that it is a classic Access deployment it is rock solid - but because it is not a browser based solution the overall approach is best for internal users where you control their technology....

Saturday, July 18, 2020 2:25 PM