InfoPath 2010 to SharePoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

So I created forms on InfoPath designer and published them to a 2007 SP site. I had a little accident in which all my template forms have dissapeared.

I tried using IP 2010 to open an existing form published on my 2007 SP site. It wont let me...

Now I tried using IP designer 2007 and I get a message that tells me I made my form with a higher version and I cant open the form.

Is there a way I can take existing forms that were made with IPD 2010, published to a 2007 and copy the forms and republish it again??

Someone please help before my other computers have accidents....

Thanks,

-M

Thursday, August 25, 2011 8:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Mbryant10,

I have a test in my local server, design a form template, publish it to SharePoint library, new a form in the library, delete the form template, I can still open the form in the library.

As in your scenario, to copy the form template, please go to SharePoint library->Settings->Form Library Settings->Advanced Settings, in the form library advanced settings page, find document Template, click Edit Template under Template URL, you can open the form template.

Thanks,
    Qiao Wei

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Monday, September 5, 2011 3:22 AM
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 11:59 AM
  • In InfoPath, go to Form Options.  Click the Compatibility section.  Using InfoPath 2010, change the compatibility to InfoPath 2007.  Then you'll be able to publish to sharepoint 2007.
    Laura Rogers, MCSE, MCTS
    SharePoint911: SharePoint Consulting
    Blog: http://www.sharepoint911.com/blogs/laura
    Twitter: WonderLaura
    Beginning SharePoint 2010: Building Business Solutions with SharePoint
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:49 PM

All replies

• Can you explain what happens when you try to open the forms you created in InfoPath 2010? Are you receiving any error messages?
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Friday, August 26, 2011 5:12 AM
  • Hi Mbryant10,

I have a test in my local server, design a form template, publish it to SharePoint library, new a form in the library, delete the form template, I can still open the form in the library.

As in your scenario, to copy the form template, please go to SharePoint library->Settings->Form Library Settings->Advanced Settings, in the form library advanced settings page, find document Template, click Edit Template under Template URL, you can open the form template.

Thanks,
    Qiao Wei

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 11:59 AM
  • In InfoPath, go to Form Options.  Click the Compatibility section.  Using InfoPath 2010, change the compatibility to InfoPath 2007.  Then you'll be able to publish to sharepoint 2007.
    Laura Rogers, MCSE, MCTS
    SharePoint911: SharePoint Consulting
    Blog: http://www.sharepoint911.com/blogs/laura
    Twitter: WonderLaura
    Beginning SharePoint 2010: Building Business Solutions with SharePoint
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:49 PM