none
Microsoft Sign-In Fails

Question

• Hello,

My trial licence has expired on Visual Studio 2015 and I am required to sign in to get a new one. Upon accessing the sign-in screen within Visual Studio via the sign-in button and entering my (valid & Microsoft-registered) e-mail, I am given the following error: SP324098: Your browser could not complete the operation. Upon reaching the identical screen and inputting my e-mail via the "Add Account" or "Check for an Updated Licence" buttons, I am instead greeted with this error: Cookies must be Allowed. I am unsure of which browser VS uses to access the sign-in page, so I checked the settings for each of my three browsers (IE, Chrome, and Firefox) and set each to always allow cookies, however the problem persists. I have restarted VS, my browsers, and my computer, but nothing seems to work. I have been a long-time user of Visual Studio on many different machines without issue.

I have a screenshot of the menu and error, however I am currently unable to post images as my account seems to require verification from a moderator.

Thank you in advance for any help!

• Moved by Jamles Hez Wednesday, January 06, 2016 1:41 AM
    Tuesday, January 05, 2016 5:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Devlar,

I will move the question to VS General forum for a better support. Thanks for your understanding.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 06, 2016 1:40 AM
  • Hi Devlar,

Please make sure your IE version is IE 11. If not, please upgrade it to version 11.

Then please check the IE settings trough menu Tools on right-top of IE and in Privacy tab, set the Settings to High level as below image shows.

Then please open following links to make sure they can be opened in IE directly. If you can't open these sites with IE, please add these site to the trusted list.

https://login.microsoftonline.com
    https://login.live.com

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, January 07, 2016 6:26 AM