none
How to implement a 3rd party IM provider for Outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I’m following the MSDN link http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj900715.aspx

To build an application that will work with “OLK 2010” contact card buttons (Chat, Call); however, only the first interfaces methods are called by OLK (GetAuthenticationInfo and GetInterface). After that I saw some errors in the OLK IM log:

<CMsoIMProviderFactory::HrGetAvailableProvider>

</CMsoIMNAbstractionLayer::HrPostJob>  <job:IMsoPresenceJobProviderConnect>

CMsoIMProviderFactory::WhichMessengerInProcessList Using (openScapeContactCard.vshost) process name for search

<CMsoPresenceCache::HrAddEventCallback>

</CMsoPresenceCache::HrAddEventCallback>

</CMsoIMManager::HrAddEventCallback>

<CMsoProviderOCom::HrInitialize>

CMsoProviderOCom::HrInitialize !failed!  Line: 651  hr = 0x80004002

</CMsoProviderOCom::HrInitialize !failed! hr = 0x80004002>

CMsoIMProviderFactory::HrGetAvailableProvider !failed!  Line: 432  hr = 0x80004002

!!!Provider Initialization Failed!!!

<CMsoProviderOCom::HrGetLocalCapabilities>

OCOMProvider Local capabilities = 0

</CMsoProviderOCom::HrGetLocalCapabilities>

</CMsoIMProviderFactory::HrGetAvailableProvider !failed! hr = 0x80004002>

What does “CMsoProviderOCom::HrInitialize” and “CMsoIMProviderFactory::HrGetAvailableProvider” error means? Am I missing any interface to be implemented?

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:58 PM

Answers

• This article applies to Office 2013 and not for Office 2010 - so try the same and see whether you can repro the issue or not. The error tells that MAPI_E_INTERFACE_NOT_SUPPORTED (0x80004002).

Hope this helps.

DeVa, M.S., {MSFT} Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 7:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly

appreciated.Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Fei

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 2, 2013 9:46 AM
  • I will look into this and will update you on this.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 7:51 PM
  • This article applies to Office 2013 and not for Office 2010 - so try the same and see whether you can repro the issue or not. The error tells that MAPI_E_INTERFACE_NOT_SUPPORTED (0x80004002).

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 7:55 PM
  • Hi Deva,

Thanks for the answer. I tried the same with OLK 2013 and it worked – even without MS Lync installed. So, you were right.

Is there any documentation for OLK 2010 integration with 3<sup>rd</sup> party? Should it work without MS Lync as OLK 2013?

Thanks again,

Fábio

Thursday, September 5, 2013 2:05 PM
  • Thanks Fabio. I am glad that it worked for OLK 2013. I don't remember any documentation on OLK 2010 & also not aware it should work without MS Lync as OLK2013.

Friday, September 6, 2013 7:22 PM