Using the Bootstrap tools along with the gridview RRS feed

• Question

• User483055775 posted

I need to use gridview - or something like it.  I need to have a responsive web design.  I have gone through a lot of docs and have not seen an example of a working gridview (this is where as you fold up the app, the various controls move to fit to the changing screen size, and here , the gridview would change to fit the changing screen size). 

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:07 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

HI DonnieS,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

the gridview would change to fit the changing screen size

For this issue, I notice that there is relevant discussion about this topic in Stackoverflow, please check it in the link below.

Bootstrap 3 grid, set 1 column size for all displays 

hope it helps.

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, May 16, 2014 2:17 AM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

HI DonnieS,

Welcome to asp.net forum.

the gridview would change to fit the changing screen size

For this issue, I notice that there is relevant discussion about this topic in Stackoverflow, please check it in the link below.

Bootstrap 3 grid, set 1 column size for all displays 

hope it helps.

Regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, May 16, 2014 2:17 AM
  • User-1416423428 posted

Do you have a specific question?  

If you're new to Bootstrap, I'd start with understanding how the BS3 grid system work. 

http://getbootstrap.com/css/#grid

There are lots of ways to make your desktop site workable on a mobile device. You can hide certain divs, change their order (via push or pull), etc. In a table, you can hide certain columns to make it fit within the small screen, or make the table sideways scrollable. Images can be applied the class=img-responsive so it will automatically grow and resize as your monitor resolution changes. (Again, if you need to impose a max-width to make it work better for your design, just do so.)  I look at BootStrap as just a startping point, and not the "law" where you should just accept it as is. 

Note: While BS3 is a great starting point, don't be afraid to override the BS3 classnames, paddings, etc. to suit your project.  Sometimes, I find the paddings are too generous. 

Sunday, May 18, 2014 3:25 AM