none
Azure Sql Serverless instance goes 404 after an hour. It is not PAUSED, it is 404 GONE RRS feed

• Question

• I create a Serverless instance.  It displays in the portal, in the Sql Server's "SQL Databases" list.  

Later, it is still there, and it shows active, but when I click on it, the portal navigates to a Resource Not Found page.  It is gone from the "SQL Databases" blade, but still present in the SQL Server blade's SQL Databases, but when clicked on, a page with the following is displayed:

Resource not found
    Get support
    Summary
    Session ID
    d2xxxxxxxxxxffea6
    Resource ID
    /subscriptions/9bef385a-xxx/resourceGroups/NNNNN-SQL-RG/providers/Microsoft.Sql/servers/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-microservices-dev/databases/polmgmt
    Extension
    HubsExtension
    Content
    ResourceMenuBlade
    Error code
    Details
    The resource was not found, it may have been deleted. If this was launched from a pinned tile on the dashboard, it should be removed.

• Edited by mikerains Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:45 PM cleanup
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:43 PM

All replies

• I create a Serverless instance.  It displays in the portal, in the Sql Server's "SQL Databases" list.  

Later, it is still there, and it shows active, but when I click on it, the portal navigates to a Resource Not Found page.  It is gone from the "SQL Databases" blade, but still present in the SQL Server blade's SQL Databases, but when clicked on, a page with the following is displayed:

Resource not found
    Get support
    Summary
    Session ID
    d2xxxxxxxxxxffea6
    Resource ID
    /subscriptions/9bef385a-xxx/resourceGroups/NNNNN-SQL-RG/providers/Microsoft.Sql/servers/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-microservices-dev/databases/polmgmt
    Extension
    HubsExtension
    Content
    ResourceMenuBlade
    Error code
    Details
    The resource was not found, it may have been deleted. If this was launched from a pinned tile on the dashboard, it should be removed.

Good day ,

>> I create a Serverless instance.

Azure SQL Server Instance is only a logical entity which does not have any pricing tier. The "Serverless" is a new database level pricing tier.

SO what you probably have is a Azure DATABASE which is configure to pricing model "Serverless" as in the image bellow

Since serverless Database automatically pauses database then when you first try to use the database it take time to activate the database once it got paused. In this case clicking on the database might result in error 404 since the request to the database does not returned on time.

This is true to any application which is serverless Database!
    For example a website might return error for the first user that try to use it if the code was not well designed to use serverless Database (good design might include two attempts to connect the database with a waiting between them of several seconds). Activate serverless Database can take several seconded depending on the database and the host probably.

try to connect the database from SSMS and after you succeed without waiting try to use the portal again and click on the database. Do you still have an issue in this case?

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:01 AM