Lab Deployment Failed, Now What? RRS feed

• Question

• My first two attempts to create Azure DevTest Labs in the portal both failed. I see the labs listed in my resources, but their status is "Deployment Failed". I see nothing telling me why.

I cannot delete the labs either. I get error saying their not "ready" to be deleted. They are zombies.

The entire ADTL feature appears broken. Can someone explain why?

Richard

Friday, February 16, 2018 5:16 PM

Answers

• I tried a third time and the lab was created. I still don't know why the first two attempts failed. I could find now useful log information.

I was, however, able to delete the first two "failed" labs. Apparently that just needed more time.

It's unclear to me what it means to say a lab has been "created" but that its "deployment" has failed.
    Friday, February 16, 2018 5:47 PM

All replies

• I tried a third time and the lab was created. I still don't know why the first two attempts failed. I could find now useful log information.

I was, however, able to delete the first two "failed" labs. Apparently that just needed more time.

It's unclear to me what it means to say a lab has been "created" but that its "deployment" has failed.
    Friday, February 16, 2018 5:47 PM
  • This may happened due to outage mentioned in this article – “Users may have experienced issues while trying to perform VM operations in Labs”.

Note: To get timely information to our customers about outages, so we have been using our blog to communicate when we are having/have had such an outage: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/devtestlab/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Saturday, February 17, 2018 8:37 AM