Xamarin android UI compiling difference on Release and Debug RRS feed

• Question

• User368550 posted

I'm a little confused, I have been working on this project for +1 year and generally not experienced problems i couldn'd fix. My issue is that ever since visual studio updated last week (15.7), then my android project have been compiling wrong with it's styles. If i compile release all my styles are loaded correctly from app.xaml and everything looks normal in my app. If i compile debug however then many of the styles seems to just not work/load. The app still compiles but the styles arent being set e.g. some buttons are just red textless squares (basic versions before style adding).

The issue is not happening on iOS there everything works fine.

I havent seen anyone post about this so maybe im just missing something, does anyone have a suggestion to a solution?

Info: Nexus X5, Android 8.1 - API 26 <- all updated Xamarin.forms : v2.5.0.91635 Xamarin Android utils : v26.0.2 <- tried updating this to 27.0.2 didnt work.

Monday, May 14, 2018 11:36 AM

Answers

• User368550 posted

@SureshSharma , Yes I did. I appoligize for not updating my question.

Xamarin.Forms needs to be updated, otherwise it dosent compile right to the new android 8.1

I therefore updated to Xamarin.Forms 3.0.0.482510, and my Xamarin android utils this was tedius since there is a lot of dependency packages on Xamarin but managed to get through it.

Good luck.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 8, 2018 10:46 AM

All replies

• User322274 posted

Did you find any solution. Currently I am facing the same error and it's like hell. I am looking for any direction.

Friday, June 8, 2018 10:04 AM
  • User368550 posted

@SureshSharma , Yes I did. I appoligize for not updating my question.

Xamarin.Forms needs to be updated, otherwise it dosent compile right to the new android 8.1

I therefore updated to Xamarin.Forms 3.0.0.482510, and my Xamarin android utils this was tedius since there is a lot of dependency packages on Xamarin but managed to get through it.

Good luck.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 8, 2018 10:46 AM