Microsoft sql server RRS feed

• Question

• Database 'Auctionpatrol' cannot be upgraded because its non-release version (539) is not supported by this version of SQL Server. You cannot open a database that is incompatible with this version of sqlservr.exe. You must re-create the database.
    Could not open new database 'Auctionpatrol'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 950)

Sunday, May 8, 2016 6:42 PM

Answers

• Where did you get that database from? Is it big? If you have that version of SQL Server where you created that DB and it's not too big, I suggest to attempt to script it (with all its tables) and then re-create from the scripts.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Sunday, May 8, 2016 6:53 PM

• Database 'Auctionpatrol' cannot be upgraded because its non-release version (539) is not supported by this version of SQL Server. You cannot open a database that is incompatible with this version of sqlservr.exe. You must re-create the database.
    Could not open new database 'Auctionpatrol'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 950)

Were you trying to create a database by attaching it to SQL Server. 539 is version for SQL Server 2000 and with error message it says you were trying to attach it on SQL Server 2012 or above (may be) this is not allowed. attach it first to SQL Server 2005/2008 or 2008 r2 and then you can attach/restore it to 2012

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Monday, May 9, 2016 11:56 AM

All replies

• Where did you get that database from? Is it big? If you have that version of SQL Server where you created that DB and it's not too big, I suggest to attempt to script it (with all its tables) and then re-create from the scripts.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Sunday, May 8, 2016 6:53 PM

Were you trying to create a database by attaching it to SQL Server. 539 is version for SQL Server 2000 and with error message it says you were trying to attach it on SQL Server 2012 or above (may be) this is not allowed. attach it first to SQL Server 2005/2008 or 2008 r2 and then you can attach/restore it to 2012

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Monday, May 9, 2016 11:56 AM