Getting Classic asp app working on Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• User1214947825 posted

Hello,

I have a classic asp application that i have working on a windows 7 machine where I can debug in Visual Studio 2010.  unfortunately hard drive issues are forcing me to move to another windows 7 machine.   

The application uses the msdaora provider which I am trying to get installed but the installer doesn't seem to be working for some reason and I can't remember if this is how we got it working initially. 

Anyone know how to get a classic asp application using the msdaora provider working on windows 7?

Thanks.

Thursday, September 18, 2014 12:43 PM

All replies

• User-823319154 posted

Hi olson2334,

Welcome to IIS forum.

According to your description above, I reviewed this article, it seems that msdaora provider can work with ASP Page in IIS.

In IIS, the classic version of ASP is not installed by default. Please check whether ASP is installed. To support and configure ASP applications on your Web server, you must install the ASP module.

1.Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2.In Control Panel, click Programs and Features, and then click Turn Windows Features on or off.

3.Expand Internet Information Services, then World Wide Web Services, then Application Development Features.

4.Select ASP, and then click OK.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Best regards,

Angie 

Friday, September 19, 2014 4:45 AM
  • User1214947825 posted

Thanks for the reply.  I have had the msdaora provider working on windows 7 on my old machine.   I just can't seem to get it wokring on the new.  

Here is the information I am seeing now

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle error 80004005

ora-12154 NS could not resolve the connect identifier specified.  

Any ideas?

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:03 AM
  • User-823319154 posted

Hi,

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle error 80004005

ora-12154 NS could not resolve the connect identifier specified.  

According to the error message above, this is  ASP-to-Oracle Connectivity problem, here is our KB article about troubleshooting an ASP-to-Oracle Connectivity problem, see: https://support2.microsoft.com/kb/255084?wa=wsignin1.0 

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Best regards,

Angie 

Sunday, September 28, 2014 1:55 AM
  • User1214947825 posted

Thanks for the reply.  

I was able to get more information concerning the error.  It still seems to be an issue getting msdaora installed as that is the line that it is referencing.  

I think I need to get this functioning on this machine or validate that what I have is functioning using msdaora.  Can you or anyone tell me how i can validate this or get it installed correctly?

Monday, September 29, 2014 10:11 AM
  • User607026440 posted

I'm having exactly the same issue. Have you found a solution to this?

Monday, June 1, 2015 5:08 PM