Silverlight and Firefox sidebar RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi guys,

when I launch my silverlight application and i interact with for the first time, Firefox shows two side bars: the first one is in the horizontal position and the second one in the vertical one. Instead, IE doesn't show this behaviour. In this case, the silverlight app fits well on the screen. Why? Thanks in advance.

Monday, March 15, 2010 7:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• I think this is known behavior in FF. IE and FF have different brwoser implementations of they allocate space for a HTML object on page at page load time. Since SL control gets loaded after HTML page has been rendered, FF does not know how much space to allocate. Where as IE does it differently and is able to fit to container for SL control.

Atleast this used to be behavior some time back. I am not sure if this has changed any. Your best bet will be to explcitily assign size to the OBJECT tag that hosts your SL control.

Monday, March 15, 2010 7:58 AM
  •  Thank you for your reply...Is it possible to calculate the perfect dimensions to fit every resolution at run time? Have I to do this with javascript?

Monday, March 15, 2010 8:34 AM
  •  Any solutions to fix it? Thanks.

Friday, March 19, 2010 1:22 PM
  • Hi lol_B,

Are you using Firefox 3.6? If yes, you can fix this issue by adding below to you css block in the html or asp.net page:

:focus {
        outline: 0;
    }

Please check this link:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/564700

With Firefox 3.5, I didn't see the issue.

Monday, March 22, 2010 2:49 AM