none
Consume Adapter Service - EMPTY binding list !

Question

• Hi Everyone,

I have a very embarrassing, blocking problem and I have no new ideas to try to solve it.

I lost my binding list in "Consume Adapter Service". When I lauch it I have a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." (see detail at the end of my post). Then the window open but the "Select a binding" list is EMPTY ! Watch this screenshot.

I try to uninstall the Adapter Pack (x86 and x64) to reinstall them but nothing changes.
    I'm using Visual 2016, BTS 2016. Lastly I installed the CU1 and FW 4.6.2 but otherwise I do not see what would have changed on my machine (and my colleagues also installed these packages without having the problem).

help me please...

thanks !

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.MetadataPanel.EnumerateAllAvailableBindings(String bindingExtensionName, String bindingConfiguration)
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.MetadataPanel..ctor(MetadataUserControl usercontrol, AdapterProperties properties, String bindingExtensionName, String bindingConfiguration, String uri)

Friday, March 10, 2017 9:29 AM

Answers

• Thanks everyone,

I have found my problem.

It was due to one of my custom binding set in the ..\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config. My binding became not available (wanted uninstallation). And since Consume Adapter Service failed because I think it try to load all the config. I had not made the relation between the two things. I had forgotten that I had added something in the machine.config.

Thanks again for your support !

Regards,

• Marked as answer by JulBurd Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:48 AM
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:48 AM

All replies

• Whats the screen shot ?

U did a restart of ur machine after installing everything ?

Pi_xel_xar

Blog: My Blog

BizTalkApplicationDeploymentTool: BizTalk Application Deployment Tool/

Friday, March 10, 2017 10:40 AM
    Answerer
  • Oh yes, many reboots :-)

I can't post the screen shot, I'm waiting a validation.

The screen show my blanck/white/empty liste of bindings insted of "sqlBinding", "sapBinding", "oracelDBBinding", etc...

Friday, March 10, 2017 12:20 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting on MSDN forum.

Is this issue still present on your machine, I would suggest kindly check the logs, there you can find some information.

Thanks,

Kamlesh Kumar

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

My blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Saturday, March 18, 2017 9:49 PM
  • Hi,

Close you Visual studio first

Try to repair your BizTalk installation  along with Adapter installation for both 32 and 64 bit . Once done try to open the Visual Studio and click on add generate item to see if error goes off 

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Sunday, March 19, 2017 1:34 AM
  • Hi

Install/Repair the WCF LOB Adapter SDK(select Install Microsoft BizTalk Adapters from first screen) from the BizTalk Installation media, reboot the server and see how that goes.

Thanks Arindam

Monday, March 20, 2017 11:24 AM
  • Do a Repair on all the tools, including BizTalk Server.

Have you installed any other SDK's?

Monday, March 20, 2017 12:45 PM
  • Thanks everyone,

I have found my problem.

It was due to one of my custom binding set in the ..\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config. My binding became not available (wanted uninstallation). And since Consume Adapter Service failed because I think it try to load all the config. I had not made the relation between the two things. I had forgotten that I had added something in the machine.config.

Thanks again for your support !

Regards,

• Marked as answer by JulBurd Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:48 AM
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:48 AM
  • Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:49 AM