Constantly have to re-login to Dev Center dashboard / PubCenter RRS feed

• Question

• This is driving me nuts so posting here as I've given up on MS support.

Why do I constantly have to re login with my MS account to access my Windows Store Dashboard?? Why do I then have to be emailed a code to enter EVERY TIME??? I kinda thought ticking "keep me logged in" would do the trick. Apparently not.

Now discovered a further issue; logging into MS PubCenter to manage ads seems to log you out of Dev Center and vice-versa. I am so sick of typing my MS login and password it's driving me nuts.

Anyone else having this problem or know of a fix?? This happens on both Chrome and my Surface RT IE10.

Thanks

• Moved by Rob Caplan [MSFT]Microsoft employee Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:56 PM dashboard question (From:Building Windows Store apps with C# or VB )
    • Edited by LMKz Wednesday, January 9, 2013 9:25 PM title change
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• You shouldn't get that if you log in from a trusted computer. If you log in from an untrusted computer you'll need to reenter the code. You may need to do some fiddling with Chrome to let it identify the computer properly.

I'll move this to a more appropriate forum where you might be able to get a more definitive answer.

--Rob

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:55 PM
  • You shouldn't get that if you log in from a trusted computer. If you log in from an untrusted computer you'll need to reenter the code. You may need to do some fiddling with Chrome to let it identify the computer properly.

I'll move this to a more appropriate forum where you might be able to get a more definitive answer.

--Rob

Thanks. What is a "Trusted Computer"? 

The issue with the conflict between PubCenter and Dev Center is more annoying; logging into one logs out of the other.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:59 PM
  • A quick search turned up Helping keep your Microsoft account secure

--Rob

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 11:24 PM
  • A quick search turned up Helping keep your Microsoft account secure

--Rob

I'm not going to switch browsers just so I can have a "trusted" PC... Who comes up with this stuff?

Also, none of that explains why I am getting logged out after ticking "keep me logged in", or why I'm getting the conflict with PubCenter.

If MS really want more apps in their Store, they need to make this process a hell of a lot easier or I'll just give up and go elsewhere.

Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:22 AM
  • You can setup a trusted PC by going to login.live.com using Internet Explorer then choose edit security info. This is the only way to eliminate the security code each time you sign into your developer account.

-Eric

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 3:01 AM