none
To open Lotus Notes in Citrix Environment using VBA Code RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Please help me in this regard:

I have written a code to open Lotus notes application in Citrix Environment as follows:

Sub try()

Dim o As Object

Set o=CreateObject("Notes.Notessession:)

o.Visible=True

End sub

It used to work fine....and it also works fine for local environment...but since few days, i am getting an error saying "ActiveX Component can't create object" i.e. Erro no 429.

Please advise me and help out with the same.

Thanx in advance.

Reagrds,

Pranit

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 12:14 PM

All replies

• I would recommend posting your question to the VBA forum. This forum is primarily for Visual Basic .NET.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/isvvba/threads

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

• Proposed as answer by Heslacher Wednesday, April 4, 2012 12:30 PM
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 12:26 PM
  • I don't know if it's a typo or not after Notes.Notessession you have a ":" that must be a double quote:

Sub try()

Dim o As Object

Set o=CreateObject("Notes.Notessession")

o.Visible=True

End sub

Hope this helps,

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"

Please vote an answer helpful if they helped. Please mark an answer(s) as an answer when your question is being answered.

Saturday, April 7, 2012 1:38 AM
  • Ohh sorry that was a typing mistakes...i write "Notes.NotesSession" only

Thanks....would be more thankful if you could have help me out......

Monday, April 9, 2012 6:16 AM
  • What's changed in your situation/ code/ system that triggers the error?

You may check below thread:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21112239

Is that all the code you have?

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"

Please vote an answer helpful if they helped. Please mark an answer(s) as an answer when your question is being answered.

Monday, April 9, 2012 6:27 AM
  • Hello All,

Please help me in this regard:

I have written a code to open Lotus notes application in Citrix Environment as follows:

Sub try() Dim o As Object Set o = CreateObject("Notes.Notessession") o.Visible=True End sub

It used to work fine....and it also works fine for local environment...but since few days, i am getting an error saying "ActiveX Component can't create object" i.e. Erro no 429. Please advise me and help out with the same.

Thanx in advance.

Reagrds, Pranit

Monday, April 9, 2012 6:29 AM
  • Do you need at all to handle Notes after it opened? If not, why don't use a command like:

Sub TesteShell()
        Shell ("c:\<lotus note path>\lotusnotes.exe")
    End Sub

Felipe Costa Gualberto - http://www.ambienteoffice.com.br

Monday, April 9, 2012 4:36 PM
  • Hello Dani,

There is no progress so far...

I have posted the same thread at above mentioned forum suggested by Paul....but no replies so far....

yeah this is the only code what i need to get executes otherwise everything should run fine after these lines....

Background:

I have saved this code on a server and I launch the Notes application through web interface which is somewhere else on another server......but session gets created on the same server where the file is...yet the error 429 occurs....

I also checked if i am missing any library or something but the same code is working fine on local system and local Lotus Notes application..

Kindly do something if you could to help me out....

Thanx again...

Monday, April 9, 2012 4:47 PM
  • Hey thanx for the link which helped me alot......

To my surprise though i am using 6.5 version, i got the code working fine at first attempt and then afterwords it started throwing the exception...

and what should i do to register that registry on Remote machine i.e. on Citrix Environment ?

Thanks n regards,

Pranit

Monday, April 9, 2012 4:54 PM
  • Hi Pranit,

You may contact your Administrators who are maintaining your Citrix Server to ask to do that for you.

Hope they can help you further with it.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 12:17 AM