New to this! Please help if you can :) RRS feed

• Question

• User-1762724971 posted

Hello, 

I am currently trying to make something that is a cross between the following two websites

http://www.panzoid.com/tools/backgrounder.aspx

https://www.canva.com/

I copied the coding from panzoid and tried to edit it in dreamweaver but i think it will work as the actual coding required for a tool like this to 

work has to be server side? 

I think im way out of my league here but could someone tell me how can i edit the graphics and generally move a few things around

(In which software) I sort of assumed it had to be done in Visual Studio? If anyone could tell me a little more on how i should go about

this id be greatful!

Thanks! 

Friday, November 14, 2014 9:16 AM

Answers

• User1918509225 posted

Hi MaxYT,

Thanks for your post here.

For your issue, I am  not quite sure how did you get the code .But you can edit the code in visual studio.

the project which may be a static website ,you don't need to communicate with the server side.

You can simply copy the html code into visual studio. and edit them.

But if it is asp.net webform or mvc project,you need to start to learn basic usage about visual studio how to develop website project.

Best Regards,

Kevin Shen.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 17, 2014 3:06 AM

All replies

• User-760709272 posted

Both of those sites are quite advanced and will need a lot of knowledge to reproduce.  It is far beyond the scope of what can be achieved in a forum post, there are many many complex technologies all working together.

If you want to build a site such as that, either start leaning .net from the ground up as well as modern javascript frameworks, css etc and after many months you might be able to put something together.  Or pay a freelancer to do the work for you.  I'm not sure what you expect to happen when you come to a forum, post quite advanced sites and say you want to do something like that.

Friday, November 14, 2014 9:34 AM
  • User-1762724971 posted

Thanks for the reply. but im not looking to build it from the ground up. Im looking to understand the concept and then edit the code. 

It doesnt matter how advanced it is. Its like if i knew nothing about html after 10 min of someone explaining it to me i could edit links, images, and pretty much all the resources.

Also i needed to know if i was to edit it which software e.g. Visual Studio. Apart from that thanks for the reply.

Friday, November 14, 2014 9:51 AM
  • User1918509225 posted

Hi MaxYT,

Thanks for your post here.

For your issue, I am  not quite sure how did you get the code .But you can edit the code in visual studio.

the project which may be a static website ,you don't need to communicate with the server side.

You can simply copy the html code into visual studio. and edit them.

But if it is asp.net webform or mvc project,you need to start to learn basic usage about visual studio how to develop website project.

Best Regards,

Kevin Shen.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 17, 2014 3:06 AM