none
Installation Error on .Net Framework3.5 - Code 1603 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I am sorry to bother everyone, but i have a problem with the installer, everytime i try to preform it i got a error, i folowed the steps on this blog to create a log file (Aaron Stebner's Weblog) but when i tryed to read it i could not understand anything, so i would kindly ask this community if it was possible to analyze the log, and tell me what should i do.

Some information about my computer:

Brand and Model: Acer Aspire 1690
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 2002 Version - Service Pack 3 installed
    Processor: Intel Pentium M processor 1.73GHz
    Network Card: Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
    Graphic Card: ATI Mobility Radeon X700
    Security System: Avira AntiVir Premium 8.1.0.362 - Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.25.378

To finish here is the log; it is a very long file so i am gonna post a link to download it (don't know if it is permitted, if not, my apologises):

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/132405807/MSI2e031.LOG.html

Many thanks.

Friday, July 25, 2008 5:46 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

After carefully reading your log file, unfortunately I cannot tell what exactly your installation problem is.   However, I think if the problem should be caused by .NET Framework 3.5 setup, to collect the specific log file of .NET Framework installation will be more helpful.    Please refer to this Aaron Stebner’s article: Where to find .NET Framework 2.0 SP1, .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 and .NET  Framework 3.5 setup log files, to get the log file, or you could use this tool also offered by Aaron Stebner to help you collect the log files. (Updated Version of VS 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5 setup log collection tool)

Besides, in my opinion, the installation failure may be caused by some fail check of prerequisites of .NET Framework 3.5.  You could refer to this article: How .NET Framework 3.5 setup checks for its prerequisites behind the scenes.  

My suggestion is: you could clean up the original installation of .NET Framework in your computer with the cleanup tool.   Then retry to run the installation file to check the result.   If it still brings you the error message, please send us the .NET Framework setup log file I have mentioned.   I know it may take you lots of time, however, I think it could offer us the information we need to troubleshoot your problem.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Lingzhi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, July 28, 2008 11:14 AM
  • Hello Lingzhi Sun, i have been getting support from Aaron Stebner these few days, and at least we came to this.

"Hi,

Your new logs show a different error this time:

MSI (s) (10:8C) [02:35:10:609]: Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 1 -- Error 1935.An error occured during the installation of assembly component {31ABBB3E-78C4-47DD-A35B-
    A35EC6049B73}. HRESULT: 0x80070003. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, assembly name: System.Speech,Version="3.0.0.0",Culture="neutral",PublicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35",ProcessorArchitecture="MSIL",FileVersion="3.0.6920.1109"

The return code is 0x80070003, which means that the specified path could not be found.  I'm not sure what could cause this type of error though.  You may want to try to use the steps listed at http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2008/03/07/8108332.aspx to see if they help resolve this.

If that doesn't help, you may also need to try to temporarily disable any anti-virus and anti-spyware and then re-run .NET Framework 3.5 setup - I have seen cases where that software can be overly aggressive and interfere with product installers.  If you do this though, make sure to re-enable them after trying to install the .NET Framework.

If none of the above help, I think you will need to contact Microsoft technical support for more in-depth troubleshooting assistance.  If you need to do that, you can find contact information at http://support.microsoft.com.

Hopefully this helps."

Unfortunately the steps that he suggested didn't help ( i even used the cleanup tool to remove 3.0 and 3.5 ) still no avail. I will put the most correct logs right now. So since he could not find it, he sent me to find more support, so here i am.

Many thanks, log link below:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/133595075/Logs_30-07-2008.zip.html
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 3:14 PM
  • Hi,

After carefully checking the recent setup log, I agree on Aaron Stebner’s opinion that your installation of .NET Framework showed a different error this time.  

Besides the anti-virus and firewall software’s inference, I think the issue may be caused by the mess Registry information of .NET Framework, which keeps your installing from successful.

My suggestion is: To uninstall the .NET Framework in your computer.

1.       Control PanelàAdd or Remove Programs”, remove all the .NET Framework in the programs list.  

2.       Delete all the files in %WINDIR%/Microsoft.NET/ to clean up the .NET Framework.  

3.       Use some tools to clean up the your registry table, like RegCure
    Important: Before you clean the registry table, back up and restore the registry is necessary, for detail, please refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

4.       Follow this Aaron Stebner’s article to install .NET Framework step by step and one by one, remember to close the anti-virus and firewall software temporarily.

(Pay attention to install .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 instead of .NET Framework 2.0 and .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 instead of .NET Framework 3.0, which will benefit you when installing .NET Framework 3.5)

Please let me know whether these steps helps, we are always ready to help you.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Lingzhi

(This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Thursday, July 31, 2008 6:05 AM
  • Hello once again, after a heavy re-installing i regret to inform that it did not help, while trying to install the 3.0 SP1 it fails, i got the logs and i am uploading them. I just hope this time it is a different error, btw i recall having seen a post where someone got thought a error by deleting the %SystemRoot%\assembly
    folder, but i am scared to do that, it seems a too much important folder.

Oh well here are the logs, Thank you for your help.

http://rapidshare.com/files/133935122/Logs_31-07-2008.zip.html
    Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:28 PM
  •  

Hi,

After reading your new installation log, I think the error is the same as the one in your second post.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MSI (s) (A8:30) [20:03:36:109]: Note: 1: 1935 2: {31ABBB3E-78C4-47DD-A35B-A35EC6049B73} 3: 0x80070003 4: IAssemblyCacheItem 5: Commit 6: System.Speech,Version="3.0.0.0",Culture="neutral",PublicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35",ProcessorArchitecture="MSIL",FileVersion="3.0.6920.1109"

MSI (s) (A8:30) [20:03:36:109]: Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 1 -- Error 1935.An error occured during the installation of assembly component {31ABBB3E-78C4-47DD-A35B-A35EC6049B73}. HRESULT: 0x80070003. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, assembly name: System.Speech,Version="3.0.0.0",Culture="neutral",PublicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35",ProcessorArchitecture="MSIL",FileVersion="3.0.6920.1109"

Error 1935.An error occured during the installation of assembly component {31ABBB3E-78C4-47DD-A35B-A35EC6049B73}. HRESULT: 0x80070003. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, assembly name: System.Speech,Version="3.0.0.0",Culture="neutral",PublicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35",ProcessorArchitecture="MSIL",FileVersion="3.0.6920.1109"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------      
           Also the error “The system cannot find the path specified.”  Have you tried to use some tools to clean up and fix some problems of registry table?   Please have a try.  

Important to mention, I think to delete the %SystemRoot%\assembly is not a good idea, for it takes so much risk to do so.  

In my opinion, the problem is still caused by some mess registry information or some mess file interrupting your installation.   

You could have another try:

1.       Use Process Monitor to detect the Setup.exe attached which file when the 1935 error occurred, using the filter setting of Process Monitor. 

2.       Use the Process Explorer to find which process is using the file, which stops the installation.  Use “Find Handle or DLL…” or Ctrl + F

3.       Find the specific problematic file, try to delete or back up it.

Good Luck!  We are always ready to help.  

Best Regards,

Lingzhi

Friday, August 1, 2008 9:34 AM
  •  Hello once again.
    Thank you for your advice, i think i found the problematic file/dll but before i proceed i wish to have a confirmation, if possible, i took 4 Screenshots of the possible paces (one pair is before starting to create and write the dd_*** files, the other is before writing the dd_***error files). Still as a beguinner in this kind of stuff i want to be sure what i am doing so, in case i am wrong i will also submit the log created by the Process Monitor.

And yes, i used the tools (regclean) to clean my registry before this and the previous installation attempt ( the full version ) also my Anti-Virus and Firewall/ProcessWall (Comodo Firewall Premium has some sort of process protection thing as well as Avira Personal Edition Premium) where turned off and i also after the full product un-install i runned the dotnetfx_cleanup_tool too make sure that the un-install process was concluded correctly..

So i Zipped the Screenshots and just in case i am wrong about those places i will also submit the process monitor trace log.

Many thanks.
    Guilherme Pedrosa

Screenshots(Zip) : http://rapidshare.com/files/134144604/Flaws.zip.html
    Logfile (Zip) : http://rapidshare.com/files/134146444/Logfile.zip.html
    Friday, August 1, 2008 8:21 PM
  •  

Hi again, J

I think you have worked well and been very patient on this difficult troubleshooting issue.  

For the registry table cleaning, anti-virus software closing and whole cleanup of .NET Framework, I think you are in the right way and have done a good preparation before your reinstallation of .NET Framework.

Unfortunately, for the screenshot and the log file of Process Monitor, I could not download them successfully.   Error messages came out once and once again, so could you please send me the screenshot and log file via other methods, like E-mail way.  Please contact us: vssetuphelp AT hotmail DOT com. (Sorry for my typing for avoiding junk mails)

In addition, thank you again for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Lingzhi

Monday, August 4, 2008 9:50 AM
  •  

Hi,

Please try to install the .NET Framework 3.5 again.  I have checked your screenshot and the log files, although it is so large. (150MB) J  

Any more problems, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Lingzhi

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 10:12 AM
  • So we found the error?
    What should i do, delete the sage.dll?
    Because if i try to re-install i think i will bump on that error again.

Sorry for being so suspicious.
    Tuesday, August 5, 2008 4:56 PM
  •  

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, you know, there are many threads I handled each day.

After using Process Monitor and Process Explorer, you detect that the problematic file/dll is sage.dll?  Sorry, but there is no such dll file in my file system, could you give me more detail information about this?  Or give me some little copy of the log file, which proves the sage.dll is something wrong?

Thank you very much, I will be always here.

Best Regards,

Lingzhi

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 9:30 AM
  • Hum... well the SAGE.dll i only found it at this part of the log:

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs130&d=08323&f=sage339.jpg

As i post i am doing a computer search for the SAGE.dll as well as a web search for the dll...
    But the search came negative...
    From what i discovered from the web search it may have to do with messenger plus, Microsoft® Windows® Task Scheduler, svchost.exe, ect...

And i found a problem regarding this dll :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/140479

And here is the the search itself:

http://www.google.pt/search?num=100&hl=pt-PT&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=SAGE.dll&btnG=Pesquisar&meta=

Here are a few highlights:

http://process-dll.com/pd/dll.php?id=sage.dll_4.71.1972.1
    http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/sage/314247
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/filedb/sage.dll-31947.html
    http://www.dll4you.com/download/get.php?file=sage.dll&site=19&ver=4.71.1972.1&com=Microsoft%20Corporation&des=DLL-bestand%20voor%20Taakplanner%20Sage

What i don't get it is why would this interfere with the installer?

Oh and sorry about the pressure that i put you under i have to remind myself that are other people that need help :)

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 11:16 PM
  •  

Hi,

After a careful search both in my computer and on Internet, I could not tell much about what is SAGE.dll, either.   And I also consulted to my colleague.   But the result still did not help much.  

However, after a retry of .NET Framework 3.5 installation in fresh Windows XP Professional SP3 on a new virtual machine, I found out the SAGE.dll is not what we want.   Because, the setup.exe will visit the SAGE.dll file each time when a new thread is up or down to write the setup log files.   So I guess there is nothing wrong about this file when installation.

Then I reopen the Process Monitor log file of you, which is 150MB large, and carefully read again.   Really a large file. J  As a result, I found that your user folder name is showed abnormal at my side.   What language package is your Windows XP?   I know it is not English, but sorry for my ignorant.   And when you download the .NET Framework 3.5 setup file, what language did you select?   I guess there is something wrong with the language, so the setup process could not find the specific path in your computer.

As a suggestion, you could use The Microsoft AppLocale Utility, to run the setup file with your language locale, or try again in English locale.

Please let me know whether this solves, if failed again, tell me your Windows XP language please, then we could consult some experts of Microsoft on .NET Framework installation maybe.  J

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Lingzhi

Thursday, August 7, 2008 9:16 AM
  • Hello, sorry for my delayed reply I have been having some serious Internet connections on my zone :)

Well after i tried again with that (btw great tool, made me play a game i haven't played in ages :D ) both with the Portuguese Locale and the English locale (yeap i am Portuguese, and i am using the Portuguese language on Windows) with both the English installer and the Portuguese one.

Yet i arrived at a error...

Thank you for your help and patience.

Friday, August 8, 2008 8:32 PM
  •  

Hi,

Firstly, congratulations for the game! J

Secondly, back to the question, is it the same error ?  Error 1935 and HRESULT: 0x80070003?  If it is convenient, please give me the setup log file this time via E-mail.   (You have the E-mail address, right?)

Or, I think I have to build a clean Portuguese language Windows XP SP3 environment on virtual machine, to run the installer for some testing.   J

Thanks, my friend!

Best Regards,

Lingzhi

Monday, August 11, 2008 10:19 AM
  •  

Hi,

Sorry for the long time delay.  

I think it is still the same problem.   Would you please try to install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 instead of .NET Framework 3.5, to make a try?   You could download the new version of .NET Framework here.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Lingzhi

Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:50 AM