none
NuGET Package Manager does not work in Visual C# 2010 Express of .NET 4 Framework RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I launched a Windows Forms application in my Visual C# 2010 Express of .NET 4 Framework: (1) I clicked on Online Tamplates => Windows Forms => DotSpatial Pligin Template, (2) It tried to download and install the Template. I clicked on the "Install" button and I got the followiong:  Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express  This extension cannot be installed because the following references are missing: - NuGet Package Manager.  (Note:  I asked our office Computer Team to download and install the "NuGet" Package Manager in my PC that is housed in Microsoft NT 4 LAN Systeem 3 weeks ago.) Why did I get this error?  The "NuGET" Package Manager does not work in my Visual C# 2010 Express!!??   Is it known to the Microsoft .NET 4 Framework team?  How can I resolve this problem?  Please help and advise.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Chang

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Scott_Chang,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I did a research about this issue. Here are my steps:

1. I installed DotSpatial Plugin Template on Express, got the same error.

2. I searched "NuGET Package Manager" on Express but found nothing

3. I searched "NuGET Package Manager" on Ultimate and I have installed it successfully.

4. I installed DotSpatial Plugin Template successfully on Ultimate

So it seems "NuGET Package Manager" is not available on Express. 

But for more details about this, I suggest you open a new thread here http://nuget.codeplex.com/discussions/topics/5362/general

You may get more helpful info.

Regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:42 AM

All replies