Timeout settings in IIS 7.5 and SQL Server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone please assist me with identifying all the timeout settings for both IIS 7.5 and SQL Server 2008? I have an application connecting to a web service and the process seems to be timing out somewhere but I have not been able to identify where the problem is. Below are all the timeouts that I have identified and tested so far.

IIS 7.5

Connection Timeout in Website>> Advanced Settings>>Connection Limits>>Connection Time-out (When you make any changes to the Connection Time-out setting for the Web site, it gets reflected in the applicationHost.config.)

Application Pool -> Advanced Settings -> Process Model -> Set Idle Time-out in minutes

Sites -> your-website-domain.com -> ASP -> Session Properties -> Time-out  then Apply Change

Sites -> your-website-domain.com -> Configuration Editor -> system.web/sessionState -> Set Timeout value then Apply Change

CGI feature page >> CGI timeout value

SQL Server 2008

remote login timeout
    servername >> properties >> connection tab >> query timeout value

It appears the application loses connection around the 1 min 30 second mark but it has not been consistently failing there as I have seen the process fail at 55, 58, 1:40 seconds as well. Also, the process does not fail every time meaning I do have successful runs of the data extract and connection.

Thanks for your help.

GK
    Monday, October 17, 2011 5:07 PM