Unable to connect to Windows Store RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - Thank you in advance for the assistance.

I'm building a Cordova-based Universal Windows App. In Visual Studio, when trying to build the app package ("Project > Create app package") I go through the process of logging into my MS account and verifying it. At that point, I receive an error that Visual Studio is not able to connect to the Windows Store.

Has anyone seen this error before or have any idea on how to remedy it? The exact error message is:

"Visual Studio encountered an unexpected error and can't contact the Microsoft account service." 

Also, I have Windows 8.1 Pro, VS 2015, and I've disabled all firewalls.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hello PlexusSTEP

From your description, I also made a test to create a package, however, I could the app list windows successfully, so I wonder this issue is related with the windows store service or the network, I would help move it to the store forum. There are store experts will help you. You could also try to use a different network connect to check if you could get it work.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, August 7, 2015 5:32 AM