Create windows apps with out visual studio.

Question

• I bought Windows 8 from Windows8Download. Now I want to build apps for windows 8. I have downloaded Visual Studio Express for Windows 8. It's a free version. I am a developer, I can't afford to buy VS 2012. Is there anyway so that I can built normal HTML/CSS/JS apps without using VS 2012 and Blend.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Surya

Saturday, December 8, 2012 6:04 PM

Answers

• In theory yes, but it would be very difficult without the tools. However, the free Express edition should have everything you need.
    • Proposed as answer by Horizon_Net Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by Song Tian Wednesday, December 12, 2012 5:00 AM
    Saturday, December 8, 2012 8:23 PM
  • Hi Surya,

As Chuck mentioned, the Visual Studo Express series are provided for free. And it covers various programming scenarios of Microsoft platform.

http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/downloads

so if you want to develop Windows Store apps for windows 8, just download the "Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8", and if you want to develop traditional web page based web applications, just download "Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web"

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:48 AM

All replies

• In theory yes, but it would be very difficult without the tools. However, the free Express edition should have everything you need.
    Saturday, December 8, 2012 8:23 PM
  • Hi Surya,

As Chuck mentioned, the Visual Studo Express series are provided for free. And it covers various programming scenarios of Microsoft platform.

http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/downloads

so if you want to develop Windows Store apps for windows 8, just download the "Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8", and if you want to develop traditional web page based web applications, just download "Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web"

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:48 AM
  • Ohh!!!! Is it? Will try..... Thank you so much...

Regards, Surya

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:53 PM