none
CacheEntryRemovedCallback event was not calling in server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have used "CacheEntryRemovedCallback" from "System.Runtime.Caching" to get the removed entry from Cache. I am using below code .

public CachePolicy(TimeSpan expiresAfter, bool renewLeaseOnAccess = false, CacheEntryRemovedCallback callback =null)
            {
                this.expiresAfter = expiresAfter; // timespan
                this.renewLeaseOnAccess = renewLeaseOnAccess;
                this.callback = callback;
            }

--

Main class

this.cache.InvokeCached(() => Linq for required cache number, new CachePolicy(timeSpan, false, this.RemovCallbackMethod));

--

private void RemovCallbackMethod(CacheEntryRemovedArguments arguments)
            {

//steps to process with removed entry

}

---

Locally everything is working as expected , but when we pushed these changes in staging server then RemovCallbackMethod() method was not calling , so our functionality is not working as expected. My question - Is there any thing i missed out when test these changes in staging IIS server(using IIS 7) while it was working fine in locally(visual studio) with IISexpress.

Please help on this.

Ashok krishna

Friday, October 20, 2017 1:44 AM

All replies

• Hello Ashok Krishna,

What about other functionality, for example, can you test the caching about your application?

I think it's also hard for others to know the reason just from your comment, so we may have to troubleshoot this issue first. You may try compare the settings yourself first, check the permission settings, check some logs.

Best regards,

Barry 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 23, 2017 6:03 AM