none
Control Flow in ML Studio Experiment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have two sets of sequential modules. I want to execute one of them depends on value is read from some source .

Is it possible ?

Thanks

Thursday, August 6, 2015 4:23 PM

Answers

• You can do this record-by-record, by using values in one of the columns as rule in Split module, and then merging the data back by using Add Rows. See below for example.

Note that this approach won't preserve the order of records as each partition from split is processed as a single block. Also note that some modules expect at least some input data, which may become an issue if one of the partitions is empty. 

Hope this helps,

Roope

Friday, August 7, 2015 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi NisoMa,

I have previously done it using the 'Execute R Script' module where I have the entire code embedded in there. Is this a possible solution in your use case?

Regards,
    Jaya.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 8:52 PM
  • I'd like to keep some process visulaization that is not possible with one big R-script. I am checking now the possibility to use Add Row With Apply SQL Transformation to acheive the functionality
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:59 PM
  • You can do this record-by-record, by using values in one of the columns as rule in Split module, and then merging the data back by using Add Rows. See below for example.

Note that this approach won't preserve the order of records as each partition from split is processed as a single block. Also note that some modules expect at least some input data, which may become an issue if one of the partitions is empty. 

Hope this helps,

Roope

Friday, August 7, 2015 2:33 PM