Page Login in Windows Store App RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I create a Login Page for windows store app using visual studio 2012 ultimate. How I can connect web service? My app is framework 4.0. I already add service reference in my app. Have anyone can help me solve this problem? Thanks. : )

There have 2 method that I use for connect web service but can't work:

ServiceReference1. Service1SoapClient myClient = new ServiceReference1.Service1SoapClient();
    myClient.loginwebCompleted += new EventHandler<ServiceReference2.loginwebCompletedEventArgs (myClient_loginCompleted);
    myClient.loginwebAsync(logintxt_UserName.Text, logintxt_Password.Text);

and 

private async void loginAsync(string username, string password)
    {
    ServiceReference1.Service1SoapClient service = new ServiceReference1.Service1SoapClient();
    var response = service.loginwebAsync(username, password);
    }

private void btnLogin_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
    {
    string user = txtUsername.Text;
    string pass = txtPassword.Text;
    System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Run(() =>
    {
    loginAsync(user, pass);
    });
    }

After run my program, it come out this error! 

----> mscorlib.pdf not loaded

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:52 PM

Answers

• can you share a demo project with us? the first manenr you describe isnt working in windows store apps. The second should only you should add the await keyword

{
    ServiceReference1.Service1SoapClient service = new ServiceReference1.Service1SoapClient();
    var response = await service.loginwebAsync(username, password);
    }

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:39 PM
  • The language the web service and client are implemented in do not matter to each other. They use a standard interface so they can communicate even if written in different languages and on different platforms.

--Rob

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:31 PM
  • Hello mikoyu,

You can see this link:

consume-web-service-in-metro-style-app

May be helpful for you.

Saturday, August 31, 2013 4:10 AM

All replies

• Take a look at Matt's blog entry Help me! How do I connect to an ASMX web service?

If you still need help after that please provide more details on where exactly you are having problems.

--Rob

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:47 AM
  • Hi, Rob. Can I ask If my web service is use vb code to create database and my project is use C# to create windows store app? is it my project can connect to web service? hope you can understand my language. sorry for I not good at explanation. 
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:06 PM
  • can you share a demo project with us? the first manenr you describe isnt working in windows store apps. The second should only you should add the await keyword

{
    var response = await service.loginwebAsync(username, password);
    }

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:39 PM
  • The language the web service and client are implemented in do not matter to each other. They use a standard interface so they can communicate even if written in different languages and on different platforms.

--Rob

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:31 PM
  • ok, thank you Dave.. :) Can I ask how to share a demo project at here?  
    Friday, August 30, 2013 12:18 PM
  • ok, Rob...I understand what you said and thank you for provide me that information... :) 
    Friday, August 30, 2013 12:25 PM
  • Hello mikoyu,

You can see this link:

consume-web-service-in-metro-style-app

May be helpful for you.

Saturday, August 31, 2013 4:10 AM