none
Folder GAC_MSIL in the assembly folder RRS feed

• Question

• I have a project C# it works stably on one of the computers under WinServer2012
    I want to transfer the C # project to another computer under win10(64x)
    there is a problem, the project does not work on win10 as it uses components Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll
    I checked that on WinServer2012 the assembly folder contains the GAC_MSIL folder in which the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll library is located and the project uses it.
    But the win10 (64x) GAC_MSIL folder is missing, and the assembly folder contains only a list of libraries.
    I downloaded https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=3508 and installed the package but the GAC_MSIL folder did not appear.
    Tell me what to install so that the GAC_MSIL folder appears in the assembly folder?
    Thursday, February 28, 2019 2:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Did you install office/office tools for visual studio on win10?

In the solution explorer->add reference->look for it under COM.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/21986323/cannot-find-microsoft-office-interop-visual-studio

Besides, Visual Studio installs these copies of Primary interop assemblies to the following locations on the development computer:

%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio xx.0\Visual Studio Tools for Office\PIA\Office14

(or %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio xx.0\Visual Studio Tools for Office\PIA\Office14 on 64-bit operating systems)

%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio xx.0\Visual Studio Tools for Office\PIA\Office15

(or %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio xx.0\Visual Studio Tools for Office\PIA\Office15 on 64-bit operating systems)

visual studio 2017: %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\Visual Studio Tools for Office\PIA\Office1x

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 1, 2019 12:59 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry to bother you.

Have you resolved your issue now? Please let me know if you hit into any blockers in trying out these workaround solutions. We will still be here to help you solve this issue.

If you solve the problem by yourself, could you please share your solutions here and mark your reply as an answer which will be helpful for the other who has the similar problem with you?

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 14, 2019 3:03 AM