Following a SharePoint 2013 Newsfeed Item, doesnt allow you to set a due date on the task RRS feed

• Question

• Hello tech net,

Setup: SharePoint 2013 Server

Summarized Question: Can you set a due date on a follow up item when the follow up item is another users newsfeed post?

Problem: I am having a problem in the mysites, here is the scenario:

User 1 posts a message on their newsfeed to check out an interesting article. User 2 now clicks the dots next to the newsfeed article and chooses follow up. The newsfeed item is added to user 2's task list. When user 2 goes into the task list and tries to set a due date for that follow up item it does not allow User 2 to set the due date, when User 2 clicks edit it takes them to threadview of the newsfeed item.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This looks like a bug to me. The Follow Up action o then Personal News Feed is acting differently from the Follow Up action on any given Site Feed item.

I verified this on a site with the Site Feed turned on. Follow Up action on a Site Feeds item creates a task entry in my personal site and it can be edited with a Due date. The Site Feed item content is recorded in the description field in the task.

I suggest you to contact Microsoft support and file a bug report

Hope this helps

James

Please mark as Answered if it helped you
    James Tsai | SharePoint Consultant | MCPD,MCTS | www.jamestsai.net

• Marked as answer by klip28 Friday, March 15, 2013 7:55 PM
    Friday, March 15, 2013 3:25 AM