Can I use Visual State Manager or something to hide a button on SemanticZoom Out

Question

• I just completed my first page using MVVM, design time data, commands, and no code behind (woot!). I have a page with a semantic zoom control, but I have a button on screen at the bottom right (sense it is a commonly used button, opening the appbar is too many steps for it). I want to hide it when the semantic zoom control goes into zoomed out mode. Is this possible or could somebody point me to someplace where I might be able to do this? I'd like to avoid polluting my accomplishment with that one bit of code XD.

I'm not sure how to create a state that is attached to the semantic zooms modes.

Michael DiLeo

Saturday, September 13, 2014 6:18 PM

Answers

• Turns out that the SemanticZoom has a IsZoomedInProperty that I used for binding with a visibility converter.

Michael DiLeo

• Marked as answer by mcd023 Monday, September 22, 2014 8:31 PM
    Monday, September 22, 2014 8:31 PM

All replies

• Can you please explain more clearly what you are trying to do?

You can definitely show or hide controls based on Visual State and if you want your control to be part of the SeZo control you can customize the SeZo's template to include your control and manipulate it based on state.

See the SeZo's default styles and Visual State handling at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/jj709928.aspx

Sunday, September 14, 2014 4:01 PM
    Owner
  • Turns out that the SemanticZoom has a IsZoomedInProperty that I used for binding with a visibility converter.

Michael DiLeo

• Marked as answer by mcd023 Monday, September 22, 2014 8:31 PM
    Monday, September 22, 2014 8:31 PM