Multi Language in ASP.NET 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1256377279 posted

Hi All,

I have an Asp.Net 4.0 CMS application developed in in english language, as per client requirement he wants the application should allow the user to manage the data in Arabic and English, Could anybody let me know is there any way where i can use both languages based on the option selected. And one more question how the data will be stored in SQL Database in English or have to store into 2 different database depend on the languages.

Thanks in Advance

Shabbir

Monday, June 6, 2011 8:56 AM

Answers

• User-276842610 posted

Hi Shabbir,

thanks for you post.

In some cases when user enter info into arabic language and it store in SQL Database as English language

how to store arabic in SQL database please refer: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3560173/store-arabic-in-sql-database

the best practice for multiple language is to create different fields to store their content in the database. Whenever the user changes the languages, you need to fetch the related contents from the db according to the language.

hope this helps, thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 10, 2011 4:43 AM

All replies

• User369957501 posted

If you google it you will get tons of tutorial guiding the same . To store it in the database use data type NVARCHAR. 

Hope this will help

Monday, June 6, 2011 9:21 AM
  • User-1256377279 posted

In some cases when user enter info into arabic language and it store in SQL Database as English language, My Query is when we retrieve the info using Arabic language is it properly translated as we have entered ?, because sometime its not properly translated what we have entered.

Thanks

Shabbir

Monday, June 6, 2011 12:25 PM
  • User-276842610 posted

Hi Shabbir,

thanks for you post.

In some cases when user enter info into arabic language and it store in SQL Database as English language

how to store arabic in SQL database please refer: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3560173/store-arabic-in-sql-database

the best practice for multiple language is to create different fields to store their content in the database. Whenever the user changes the languages, you need to fetch the related contents from the db according to the language.

hope this helps, thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 10, 2011 4:43 AM
  • User-1256377279 posted

Hi Yanping 

Thanks for your reply, Your comment was really helpful.

Thanks

Shabbir

Friday, June 10, 2011 5:08 AM