Viewmodel properties does not show up for binding RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a MVVM Silverlight Ria services project.

I was able to bind to the properties in viewmodel but now when I add few more properties to the viewmodel, it doesn't show up in Blend for binding. I can use Visual studio 2010 and I can see the properties fine. I can't see it even if I reopen Blend and the solution.

Why can I see it in Visual studio Binding interface and not in Blend?

Any help is appreciated.

Monday, August 8, 2011 3:21 AM

Answers

• Sounds like you need to build the project in Blend. That should update the available properties.
    • Proposed as answer by Chuck HaysModerator Monday, August 8, 2011 1:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by dshakya Tuesday, August 9, 2011 6:29 AM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 1:46 PM
  • Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your reply. Looks like your suggestion might do the trick as well. Two ways I could refresh the properties available to bind was:

1. Comment and then Uncomment the DataContext in XAML. ( I guess this refreshes the DataContext and picks up any new properties available to bind)
    2. Reset the existing binding. This also refreshes the DataContext and now I can see the additional properties to bind to or any changes made in Visual Studio.

Thanks heaps.

Cheers!

dshakya
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 6:29 AM

All replies

• Sounds like you need to build the project in Blend. That should update the available properties.
    • Proposed as answer by Chuck HaysModerator Monday, August 8, 2011 1:46 PM
    Monday, August 8, 2011 1:46 PM
  • Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your reply. Looks like your suggestion might do the trick as well. Two ways I could refresh the properties available to bind was:

1. Comment and then Uncomment the DataContext in XAML. ( I guess this refreshes the DataContext and picks up any new properties available to bind)
    2. Reset the existing binding. This also refreshes the DataContext and now I can see the additional properties to bind to or any changes made in Visual Studio.

Thanks heaps.

Cheers!

dshakya
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 6:29 AM