I am on a build other than 7355, 7389, 7390 or 7392, and Dorado shows my phone as "up to date" RRS feed

• Question

• Cause:
    The only builds which have updates available for the Mango ISV beta are 7355, 7389, 7390 and 7392. Older builds are not supported.

What to do:
    Be sure you get all updates released for your phone via the Windows Phone Update service before running the provisioning .exe file to configure your phone for beta updates.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:35 PM

All replies

• What do you do in the case that you are on an older pre-NODO build such as 7008 and the Zune Client does not have any updates available? This was a roadblock for me on my ATT-US Samsung Focus. I have a work around but its not particularly friendly ;)
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 12:40 AM

• Hi,

I have the build 7003, and Zune say there is no update available! What do I have to do? Do I have to try to install Mango anyway?

Thanks for Helping!

Patrick

Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:32 PM
  • 7003 is pre-release! I don't think any of the pre-release phone will get updates. What phone do you have?
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 12:22 AM
  • Hi,

I still have the LG GW910 pre-release phone provided by Microsoft one year ago :-)
    Don’t you think there is a way to force the update?
    I’m very exited to rewrite one of my apps for aircraft pilots using the new mango capabilities wich will allow me to add a lot of features.  For this I’ll need at list the compass and possibly the gyro.

Regards,

Patrick
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 11:21 AM
  • Hi Romanens,

The LG GW910 device was provided by Microsoft to help you get developing your applications quickly before actual retail hardware became available.  Now that pretty much every carrier in the US has a phone available, you should be using one of those instead.  Especially since the LG device in question while similar to the specs of released phones, was not fully compliant.  (So things like the compass and gyro are probably not present.)

As far as I'm aware, Microsoft will not be issueing any updates or supporting that LG phone going forward.  If you want to try out Mango, you'll need to go get an officially releaed phone.

Thanks,

~Jonathan Tanner [MSFT]
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 5:46 PM

• I’m a bit disappointed :-(

Anyway, thank you for your clear answer,

Regards,

Patrick

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 12:54 PM