Transfer to Visual Studio Account - export key to .XML file RRS feed

• Question

• The exported .xml file contains everything, including product I don't have access to such as VLK keys, products for which I had not fetched any keys, repeats the same keys multiple times and a lot of other entries. My MSDN account .xml file only contained a list of keys I had fetched and the date I fetched them.

So when I import the Visual Studio .xml file into MS Excel the number of rows is about twice the size of my MSDN Excel file.

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.

Sunday, November 13, 2016 6:53 PM

All replies

• The exported .xml file contains everything, including product I don't have access to such as VLK keys, products for which I had not fetched any keys, repeats the same keys multiple times and a lot of other entries. My MSDN account .xml file only contained a list of keys I had fetched and the date I fetched them.

So when I import the Visual Studio .xml file into MS Excel the number of rows is about twice the size of my MSDN Excel file.

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.

Dear Stuart,

Can you please provide me some more info about your query.

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

Microsoft Partner, Most Valuable Professional (MVP) and Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC)

Monday, November 14, 2016 8:16 AM
  • Try using the Visual Studio "export all keys" option. You will find that not only do you get a list of the keys you have fetched when importing into an Excel spread sheet but also multiple duplicate entries (the same product and keys listed 3 or more times) and also included are product for which you either have not fetched or not entitled to (such as VLK). End result is a spread sheet about twice the size of the MSDN equivalent.

Monday, November 14, 2016 3:32 PM
  • Try using the Visual Studio "export all keys" option. You will find that not only do you get a list of the keys you have fetched when importing into an Excel spread sheet but also multiple duplicate entries (the same product and keys listed 3 or more times) and also included are product for which you either have not fetched or not entitled to (such as VLK). End result is a spread sheet about twice the size of the MSDN equivalent.

Dear Stuart,

Thanks for re-phrasing your query. Here is the answers:

1. VLK Key: You will not find any VLK Product Keys in the .xml file and you won't be able to generate or entitled for this VLK Keys it is only available only for Volume Licensing (VL) customers. You can find more info about this in the .xml file.

2. Duplicate Keys and Static Activation Keys: You may find some Duplicate keys it is due to the different builds of the same products. for ex: Windows 10 Enterprise: You may find this key for 3-4 times in your .xml file it is due to the different builds Windows 10 Enterprise, 1511 and 1607. This behaviour is normal.

Static Activation Keys: You will find some Static Activation Keys for Server products like, SharePoint, Exchange Server, Visual Studio etc.,

If you believe that the above information is helpful please mark this reply as an answer as it will help the other members.

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

Microsoft Partner, Most Valuable Professional (MVP) and Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC)

Monday, November 14, 2016 11:24 PM
  • This is the Visual Studio xml file, it is not in the MSDN xlm as I do not have the ability to get a VLK so why include it in the file.

VLK Key <![CDATA[<p>While we offer this Volume   Licensing (VL) build through Subscriber Downloads, VL customers (excluding   Open License, Open Value and Open Value Subscriptions) must obtain product   keys from the <a href="https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter/home.aspx">Volume   Licensing Service Center (VLSC)</a>.</p>

<p>Only administrators can access keys in the <a   href="https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter/home.aspx">VLSC</a>,   so please contact your organization’s administrator for this   key.</p>

<p>As a more immediate option or for customers that do not receive   the key via VL, you can download the retail build of this product, which is   available with a product key in this same section of Subscriber   Downloads.</p>]]>
    1042 Custom Key

Repetitive Windows 7 product keys for the same Service Pack level.

Windows 7 Home Premium and Home   Premium K with Service Pack 1 -3VMCH-XXXM3-R3QRT 1032 Retail
    Windows 7   Home Premium and Home Premium K with Service Pack 1 -3VMCH-XXXM3-R3QRT 1032 Retail
    Windows 7 Home Premium and Home Premium K   with Service Pack 1 -3VMCH-XXXM3-R3QRT 1032 Retail
    Windows 7   Home Premium and Home Premium K with Service Pack 1 -VCY8R-XXXWW-94YQ8 1032 Retail
    Windows 7 Home Premium and Home Premium K   with Service Pack 1 -VCY8R-XXXWW-94YQ8 1032 Retail
    Windows 7   Home Premium and Home Premium K with Service Pack 1 -VCY8R-XXXWW-94YQ8 1032 Retail
    Windows 7 Home Premium and Home Premium K   with Service Pack 1 -6DB73-XXX2W-4X28Q 1032 Retail
    Windows 7   Home Premium and Home Premium K with Service Pack 1 -6DB73-XXX2W-4X28Q 1032 Retail
    Windows 7 Home Premium and Home Premium K   with Service Pack 1 -6DB73-XXX2W-4X28Q 1032 Retail
    Windows 7   Home Premium and Home Premium K with Service Pack 1 -T2YRR-XXX9P-JFJ73 1032 Retail
    Windows 7 Home Premium and Home Premium K   with Service Pack 1 -W8YVG-XXXT9-HQTWJ 1032 Retail
    Windows 7   Home Premium and Home Premium K with Service Pack 1 -T2YRR-XXX9P-JFJ73 1032 Retail
    Windows 7 Home Premium and Home Premium K   with Service Pack 1 -W8YVG-XXXT9-HQTWJ 1032 Retail

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 12:36 AM
  • This is the Visual Studio xml file, it is not in the MSDN xlm as I do not have the ability to get a VLK so why include it in the file.

VLK Key <![CDATA[<p>While we offer this Volume   Licensing (VL) build through Subscriber Downloads, VL customers (excluding   Open License, Open Value and Open Value Subscriptions) must obtain product   keys from the <a href="https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter/home.aspx">Volume   Licensing Service Center (VLSC)</a>.</p>

<p>Only administrators can access keys in the <a   href="https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter/home.aspx">VLSC</a>,   so please contact your organization’s administrator for this   key.</p>

<p>As a more immediate option or for customers that do not receive   the key via VL, you can download the retail build of this product, which is   available with a product key in this same section of Subscriber   Downloads.</p>]]>
    1042 Custom Key

Repetitive Windows 7 product keys for the same Service Pack level.

Windows 7 Home Premium and Home   Premium K with Service Pack 1 -3VMCH-XXXM3-R3QRT 1032 Retail
    Windows 7   Home Premium and Home Premium K with Service Pack 1 -3VMCH-XXXM3-R3QRT 1032 Retail
    Windows 7 Home Premium and Home Premium K   with Service Pack 1 -3VMCH-XXXM3-R3QRT 1032 Retail
    Windows 7 Home Premium and Home Premium K   with Service Pack 1 -VCY8R-XXXWW-94YQ8 1032 Retail
    Windows 7   Home Premium and Home Premium K with Service Pack 1 -6DB73-XXX2W-4X28Q 1032 Retail

It is also available in Legacy MSDN Portal too. Please go to "https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/keys/" and here is the screenshots.

As I have already mentioned you can always ignore that or if you need more info about it please contact VS Customer support

https://www.visualstudio.com/support/support-overview-vs

VS-VLK

MSDN VLK

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 5:21 AM