Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I am generating a large data on my application getting the following error

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Please do the needful

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 2:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please do the needful

You may need to do performance profiling to determine exactly what is eating up all the memory (unless the point of failure makes it obvious).  It is likely an error in your code or design which can be factored out; however it is possible that there is simply too much data (that's just less likely that there being a mistake in the code).  Perhaps if you share with us an example of the code which causes the error we can spot an immediate problem; but it is just as likely that you will need to sit down and do a thorough profiling/debugging of the application.

Also, please tell us how much RAM the computer has installed just to ensure it is not a case of overly restricted resources.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 3:00 PM

All replies

• Please do the needful

Is that a hip hop term?

La vida loca

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 2:39 PM
  • Hi,

Please do the needful

Increase memory, or decrease data generation ✘

PS: I did the needful 

My goal of posting is to make you and I better educated programmers while solving our problems ✘

• Edited by Cadefia Tuesday, July 1, 2014 2:45 PM
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 2:44 PM
  • Hi,

Please do the needful

You may need to do performance profiling to determine exactly what is eating up all the memory (unless the point of failure makes it obvious).  It is likely an error in your code or design which can be factored out; however it is possible that there is simply too much data (that's just less likely that there being a mistake in the code).  Perhaps if you share with us an example of the code which causes the error we can spot an immediate problem; but it is just as likely that you will need to sit down and do a thorough profiling/debugging of the application.

Also, please tell us how much RAM the computer has installed just to ensure it is not a case of overly restricted resources.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 3:00 PM