• About Books
    • YouTube Learning channels and other video tutorials 

please help me

thank you.

Thursday, September 28, 2017 5:43 PM

Answers

• Hello Santosh,

>>i want to learn c#, and Asp.net mvc

The following link will be helpful for beginner, you could learn it step by steps.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/programming-guide/

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/67ef8sbd%28v=vs.110%29.aspx?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/overview

and .net framework open source code as below.

http://referencesource.microsoft.com/

And I think the most important thing for C# beginner is how to insist on learning when you meet some difficulty.

If you have any issues please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
    neil hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 29, 2017 8:12 AM
  • Just a comment:

How to Become a good programmer

Well, a good programmer cares about precision. Nitpicking is a must. So start with being correct at all times. For example, the b in your subject should be lower case.

You may ask why. The reason is simple, but it is not explained well in most literature I've seen:

You need to work with variables, parameters, methods, classs, etc. All these "objects" must be named. Using the correct names makes reading and understanding code easier. Obvious.

But it also makes writing code easier, cause you need less brain power to understand and translate code. This is a huge advantage. Also using precise names will  show you later on, how to implement and use those "objects". As you gain experience, you will see this.

Therefore, as DA924x wrote, start with OOP basics in .NET. But in parallel also read about the language basics and coding and style guides.

Friday, September 29, 2017 8:53 AM
  • Hi Sam,

I work in a team of 10 developer, all on one project. When you have that many developers the old (with no disrespect) ways of testing simply does not work.

On an average day there may be eight task being worked on or more with peer reviews and check-ins happening. This means when a check-in happens and there are no unit test code for a task other code may get trampled on and when proper unit testing is done this helps to prevent it along with using Grechin to formally write test.

Outside this realm is running every single unit test when a check-in happens at the TFS level which can cancel a push to testing and staging environments.

Now with that said, its all overkill for someone just starting out unless one considers TDD (Test Driven Development) which is best learned when one gets a decent level of comfort with coding but not at the beginning of coding.

If nothing else a beginning should at least be aware of what Visual Studio offers for debugging and unit testing. Since I've been here there have been many times when a new coder could had figured out all or most of an issue by setting break-points, stepping through code and examining elements so it's not a bad idea to get to know the basics if nothing else for debugging in Visual Studio.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Saturday, September 30, 2017 3:07 AM
  • Hi santosh,

You could explore the courses on Microsoft Virtual Academy. You could various courses on C# and ASP.Net and they have a good collection of courses on MS products. Hope this helps you.

Microsoft Virtual Academy

## Also you should have good knowledge on how to search a topic in search engine (i.e. Bing, Google, etc.) regarding the issue you are facing while programming. You may not find an exact solution but there are tons of example that is related to the issue you are facing, you just have to figure out how to use that solution to your issue in the code.

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Friday, September 29, 2017 10:10 AM

All replies

• STOP! HAND!

I suggest that you learn the basics of Object Oriented Programming, before you run off trying to learn ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC.

http://www.apress.com/la/book/9781430249351

You don't like that book then there are other covering the same topic.

Thursday, September 28, 2017 6:26 PM
  • Hello Santosh,

>>i want to learn c#, and Asp.net mvc

The following link will be helpful for beginner, you could learn it step by steps.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/programming-guide/

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/67ef8sbd%28v=vs.110%29.aspx?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/overview

and .net framework open source code as below.

http://referencesource.microsoft.com/

And I think the most important thing for C# beginner is how to insist on learning when you meet some difficulty.

If you have any issues please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
    neil hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 29, 2017 8:12 AM
  • Hello Sir

i am beginner , i want to learn c#, and Asp.net mvc

please suggest me

• About Books
    • YouTube Learning channels and other video tutorials 

please help me

thank you.

To have enthusiasm, constant practice, abstract imagination. : ) Go Go Go
    Friday, September 29, 2017 8:15 AM
  • Just a comment:

How to Become a good programmer

Well, a good programmer cares about precision. Nitpicking is a must. So start with being correct at all times. For example, the b in your subject should be lower case.

You may ask why. The reason is simple, but it is not explained well in most literature I've seen:

You need to work with variables, parameters, methods, classs, etc. All these "objects" must be named. Using the correct names makes reading and understanding code easier. Obvious.

But it also makes writing code easier, cause you need less brain power to understand and translate code. This is a huge advantage. Also using precise names will  show you later on, how to implement and use those "objects". As you gain experience, you will see this.

Therefore, as DA924x wrote, start with OOP basics in .NET. But in parallel also read about the language basics and coding and style guides.

Friday, September 29, 2017 8:53 AM
  • Hi santosh,

You could explore the courses on Microsoft Virtual Academy. You could various courses on C# and ASP.Net and they have a good collection of courses on MS products. Hope this helps you.

Microsoft Virtual Academy

## Also you should have good knowledge on how to search a topic in search engine (i.e. Bing, Google, etc.) regarding the issue you are facing while programming. You may not find an exact solution but there are tons of example that is related to the issue you are facing, you just have to figure out how to use that solution to your issue in the code.

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Friday, September 29, 2017 10:10 AM
  • You ask about programming and most answers will be about programming. The suggestion to learn OOP is relevant. Something else you need to understand is design, especially if you want to get work as a programmer. Businesses really want and need programmers that understand design and you need to understand the value of good design.

You need to do a lot of reading and you need to know how to find answers. For example, if you were to search for answers to this question then you will find many great answers. If you are always quick to ask others for help then you will never be the best programmer possible.

You need to be stubborn; or the nice way to say that is persistent. There will be times when you think something is impossible but if you are stubborn and not give up then you will do great.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Friday, September 29, 2017 6:02 PM
  • I would like to add in addition to the prior replies is to learn how to test your code via unit test. If using Visual Studio 2017 then when unit testing work with live unit test.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Friday, September 29, 2017 6:32 PM
  • I would like to add in addition to the prior replies is to learn how to test your code via unit test. If using Visual Studio 2017 then when unit testing work with live unit test.

I don't mean to disagree but that is amusing to me. I am an old programmer so I have done all my debugging and testing without modern tools. I am however not suggesting that the old ways are better.

I think it is very worthwhile for the test data to be designed in parallel with the rest of the system and that there be permanent test cases for validating the system. Procedures like that are definite improvements to the way things usually were in the past.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Friday, September 29, 2017 8:47 PM
  • Hi Sam,

I work in a team of 10 developer, all on one project. When you have that many developers the old (with no disrespect) ways of testing simply does not work.

On an average day there may be eight task being worked on or more with peer reviews and check-ins happening. This means when a check-in happens and there are no unit test code for a task other code may get trampled on and when proper unit testing is done this helps to prevent it along with using Grechin to formally write test.

Outside this realm is running every single unit test when a check-in happens at the TFS level which can cancel a push to testing and staging environments.

Now with that said, its all overkill for someone just starting out unless one considers TDD (Test Driven Development) which is best learned when one gets a decent level of comfort with coding but not at the beginning of coding.

If nothing else a beginning should at least be aware of what Visual Studio offers for debugging and unit testing. Since I've been here there have been many times when a new coder could had figured out all or most of an issue by setting break-points, stepping through code and examining elements so it's not a bad idea to get to know the basics if nothing else for debugging in Visual Studio.

VB Forums - moderator

Saturday, September 30, 2017 3:07 AM
  • I work in a team of 10 developer, all on one project. When you have that many developers the old (with no disrespect) ways of testing simply does not work.

Applications much larger than that have been successful the old way. I am not suggesting anyone return to the old way but programmers were successful with them. They even built some of the largest aircraft and some of the most stealthy aircraft that way. We did use test data and a copy of production data in the past but there was seldom any special testing tool.

I know about check-ins and check-outs and promotions; I have even developed and supported systems like that, although they were primitive in comparison.

Computer hardware and software and the tools for programmers have improved drastically; there were times years ago when we had only about two chances a day to test our programs. But software did get developed.

I apologize if anything I said seems to disagree with you about testing, I don't think I intended to.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Saturday, September 30, 2017 7:01 AM
  • I've learned the basics in college, but to be honest those were some terrible lectures which can be easily replaced with any tutorial from YouTube or Microsoft Virtual Academy or Pluralsight.

I believe that I learned the most when I started doing my personal projects, so I would recommend you to start building staff (random small applications, interesting websites for you) as soon as possible and as often as possible.

For instance see this ASP.NET MVC tutorial, it is a project that shows steps by steps how you can build a Music Store. You could go through that tutorial and try to build your own shop (for example women and/or men clothing shop). I hope this is a good start for you.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 10:10 AM
  • Hi santosh k j,

If your issue is solved please Mark as answer or Vote as helpful post to the appropriate answer so that it will help other members to find solution if they faces similar issue.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 10:28 AM