IsoSpeedControl RRS feed

• Question

• I work on a Metro style application that uses the device’s camera. I  use Windows.Media.Devices classes to set the different camera capabilities ( exposure, focus brightness etc.). In order to be able to use the IsoSpeedControl class, I recently upgraded to Win8.1 . When trying to use the IsoSpeedControl class, I get an indication that the capture device does not support  ISO speed control (IsoSpeedControl.Supported is false).Using the same camera with another camera application, I am able to set the ISO speed capability, so I suspect the camera does have ISO speed capabilities.

My question is- how reliable are the IsoSpeedControl APIs?

Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:46 PM

Answers

• I think that the question you really want to ask is:  how can I use the IsoSpeedControls in my Store app?  My answer to that question is:  I don't know.  It depends on how that device exposes itself to be used.  If the camera has a custom app that it uses to set the ISO speed, then it's possible that there's no other Windows app (either desktop or Store) that can set that for the camera.  If the camera has an API, you might be able to use that API in a Store app (not sure about this) to set it.  There are a lot of unknowns here.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:23 AM
    Friday, October 11, 2013 1:26 PM