default page issue in web.sitemap RRS feed

• Question

• User-678219432 posted

Hi all,

I customize the web.sitemap shipped with the classifieds, but when I click the "Inicio" link in the menu, it displays the Directory Listing instead of the "Inicio.aspx" page.  Same happens when clicking the name of the site that is at top left position in the Master Page within the <div id="title"> who has the NavigateURL set to NavigateUrl="~/"

The web.sitemap I am using is this

<siteMap>

<siteMapNode url="Inicio.aspx" title="Inicio" description="">

<siteMapNode url="~/" title="Inicio" description="" roles="*"/>

<siteMapNode url="Contactenos.aspx" title="Cont ctenos" roles="*"/>

<siteMapNode url="Restaurantes/AdministrarRestaurante.aspx" title="Restaurantes" roles="restaurante" />

<siteMapNode url="Restaurantes/AdministrarPlatos.aspx" title="Menus" roles="restaurante" />

</siteMapNode>

</siteMap>

Any idea why this happen?

Thanks

Monday, May 11, 2009 7:26 AM

Answers

• User-678219432 posted

I changed the name of the Inicio.aspx to Default.aspx and now it works.  Is there a place where should be set the name of the main page.

I already did it on Website/Start Option and setting Specific Page to "Inicio.aspx", also I did right click on Inicio.aspx and click on Set as Start Page.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 10:06 AM

All replies

• User-837620913 posted

Why do you have 2 nodes with the same title?  Add the roles="*" to the first one and remove the second one.

<siteMapNode url="Inicio.aspx" title="Inicio" description="">

<siteMapNode url="~/" title="Inicio" description="" roles="*"/>

Monday, May 11, 2009 9:00 AM
  • User-678219432 posted

I have those two nodes cause I copied the website.map from the classifieds starter kit.  The original file is as follow:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<siteMap>

<siteMapNode url="default.aspx" title="Home" description="">

<siteMapNode url="~/" title="Home" roles="*"/>

<siteMapNode url="PostAd.aspx" title="Post an Ad" roles="*"/>

<siteMapNode url="MyAds.aspx" title="My Ads &amp; Profile" roles="*">

<siteMapNode url="MyProfile.aspx" title="My Profile" roles="*" />

<siteMapNode url="Login.aspx" title="Login" roles="*" />

<siteMapNode url="Register.aspx" title="Create an Account" roles="*" />

</siteMapNode>

<siteMapNode url="Admin/" title="Site Administration" roles="Administrators">

<siteMapNode url="Admin/Settings.aspx" title="My Profile" roles="Administrators" />

</siteMapNode>

</siteMapNode>

</siteMap>

When I remove the "repeated node", the "Inicio" link does not show up in the menu and when I click the Title of the site it still display the Directory Listing, btw the Title of the site has the following link: http://localhost:56511/MenuBCN/.  It does not have the Inicio.aspx in the URL

I checked on the Classifieds starter kit, and even if the link does not have the default.aspx, it display the default.aspx file when I click on the title

Monday, May 11, 2009 9:49 AM
  • User-678219432 posted

I changed the name of the Inicio.aspx to Default.aspx and now it works.  Is there a place where should be set the name of the main page.

I already did it on Website/Start Option and setting Specific Page to "Inicio.aspx", also I did right click on Inicio.aspx and click on Set as Start Page.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, May 11, 2009 10:06 AM