error message, "A problem has been encountered while loading the setup components. Canceling setup" RRS feed

• Question

• User-152479892 posted

i have installed once visual studio 2008 but not completly(withaout his msdn componets and some others).

i have uninstalled it (with  a program named Your Uninstaller 2008),and when i have tried to do install it  again but this time with all components , it shows me on the first installation table not  VISUAL STUDIO 2008  link but CHANGE OR REPAIR link ,then when i select the second option that is ofered to me it but  soon it shows me an error message ("A problem has been encountered while loading the setup components. Canceling setup").THen i have followed the instructions of the readme file(that says :

In Add or Remove Programs, look for Windows Installer 3.1 in the list of installed programs.

If Windows Installer 3.1 is not present, complete the following steps.

a. Go to Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributable (v2) and then install Windows Installer 3.1.

b. Retry Visual Studio 2008 Setup.)

i have downloaded windows installer 3.1 but when i try to install it ,it shows me an error msg saying it isn't enough space in the disc for it(sth like that i guest).during these time in my pc was installed an sql server 2005(that contains visual studio 2005),i thought it may have caused some crash with visual studio 2008 so i have uninstalled sql server 2005 completly.after this i tried again to install visual studio but nothing changed.can s.o tell me what can i do for resolving this problem?thnx

Friday, November 27, 2009 7:06 PM

Answers

• User-2010879800 posted

hi, i have never experienced such a problem during set up visual studio

but this problems is usually because the uninstallation process didn't work right and some files still in the system, so my advice to get rid of all these headache , install your windows again so it will delete automatically this files

Then , install your sql server then install your visual studio 2008

Note: the visual studio 2005 contained with sqlserver 2005 has no problems with visual studio 2008 , this is not the problem at all

i hope i have helped you a little

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 6:34 AM