How can I change the accessibility level of a variable? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have modified the Default TFS build template to include an activity (The Finalbuilder activity - see: http://www.finalbuilder.com/articles.aspx?PageID=50&ID=38 ). I have modified the name of the Result variable, which is in the create workspace activity, and updated it in all the places it is being used, in the "Create Workspace" activity in the build template, but now, when I re-use this name in the Finalbuilder activity, I get an error:

Variable is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level.

If I look at the variables pane in VS2010, it shows the Workspace variable, but nothing about changing the accessibility level. How could I do this?

Thanks

Friday, February 11, 2011 12:41 AM

Answers

• I think it's unlikely to be anything to do with the variable's protection level.  I'd check the scope of the variable you are trying to use and make sure your FinalBuilder activity is within the same scope.
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 9:52 PM

All replies

• Hi GSS1,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, February 11, 2011 9:09 AM
  • I think it's unlikely to be anything to do with the variable's protection level.  I'd check the scope of the variable you are trying to use and make sure your FinalBuilder activity is within the same scope.
    Saturday, February 12, 2011 9:52 PM