none
Find hex values in string and replace them using C# RRS feed

• Question

• I am importing powerpoint presentation to my editor using Microsoft.Office.Interop. Then i modify the content and create the new ppt using it. While reading the shape of slide object from power point, some textobject have hex values in it. which creates the problem when i try to import them to my editor.

page.Xml.Add(XElement.Parse(string.Format(@strXml)));

here strXml contents some hex characters. and i get the exception ' ', hexadecimal value 0x0B, is an invalid character. and its different every time due to occurrence of various hex codes in different slide text object. How can i find those hex values and replace(or remove if its not gonna create the problem when final ppt media is created)

• Edited by Milind Anantwar Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:59 PM
    • Moved by CoolDadTx Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:02 PM Office related
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Milind,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:43 AM
  • Hi Milind,

Could you please confirm if the error is thrown is while parsing the XML or in any of the PowerPoint object model calls?

If it is occurring during any of the object model calls, please share sample the code and PowerPoint presentation to reproduce the issue.

Regards

Pradip

Monday, August 12, 2013 3:46 AM