Visual studio package - Multi-project template concept with wizard RRS feed

• Question

•  I want to create VS package .... this Vs-package will install the multi project templates in some location . Please check below screenshot.

telerik component having VS-package concept to install the project templates. Pleas find my requirements below.

1. After installing the VS-package i want the layout like telerik (i.e. need to register our company as separate language like telerik) please refer below screenshot.

2. All the project templates will be displayed under our company name.

3.need to register our company name as separate langue like telerik.

i knew about VSIX concepts.. so i don't expect the answer like VSIX .. i want to create Visual studio package not VSIX.

This VS-package will install all the project templates ( our project templates using wizard concept  so need to install the wizard  assembly in specific location).

how can i perform all the above requirements ?

siva

Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Siva,

Please check the below link. 

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/355316/Creating-Custom-VSIX-Project-Templates-Using-an-EM

Though you are not interested in VSIX format but still that link will help you a lot.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Shikhar Jain

Thursday, October 4, 2012 12:40 PM
  • Hi Shikhar,

Thanks for the reply.

i knew about VSIX concepts. your provided link having the information about VSIX.  i want to know about VS package to register our templates..

To register our template name (Ex: Project Template) as separate language. 

Please help me

Thanks,

siva

Friday, October 5, 2012 3:45 AM
  • Hi Siva,

If you see the link properly then you will find that it actually solves your points 2 & 3.

Read the post once again.

Best Regards,

Shikhar Jain

Friday, October 5, 2012 6:59 AM
  • Hi Shikhar,

Thanks for your reply.

have created one simple VS - Package . i want to display our project template name as separte language like "telerik" . how can i register our company name as sep language. 

we are using multi-project template with wizard concept. we need register wizard assemblies also in that package.

your provided link itself contains the information about what i created.. the link is not having the enough information to register our company  name as sep language.

Please help me.

Thanks,

siva

Friday, October 5, 2012 7:09 AM
  • Hi Siva,

Please check the below link. Hopefully it may give you some pointers.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsx/thread/c22a932b-afeb-47d3-a140-761ec0f37b1c

Best Regards,

Shikhar Jain

Friday, October 5, 2012 11:45 AM
  • Hi,

Any update ? Any solution ?

Thanks,

siva

Saturday, October 6, 2012 2:27 PM