none
Excel import Counter (dynamic) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a routine to import from excel to a sql server DB

I would like to show a user the progress of the import- something like a msg box- but consistently updating

The import is a loop so in that loop I increment the row reference to get next row.

Is there some dynamic msg box that the user can see the current row number as a counter (obviously it will be very quick but they can see progress being made).

(note- I can obviously get a msg box to show overall rows imported at end of routine)

Thanks

D

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 1:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>> Is there some dynamic msg box that the user can see the current row number as a counter.

Since you have post this thread in Excel develop forum, suppose you are importing data to SQL server in Excel. You could develop an Excel add-in to import data and use a Timer to get the current row and show it on a Custom Task Panel as a workaround.

Hope this could help you.

Best Regards

Lan

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 9:44 AM