none
Get-PublicFolderItemStatistics RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Get-PublicFolderItemStatistics returns an array of object. I can iterate through each one. Each item is of type PublicFolderItemStatistics (base Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Mapi.MapiObject). Now, if I do a get-member on an item, I get a few basic MAPI properties such as subject and a few more but that's about it. I saw in one post that someone else noticed this and the answer was (not from Microsoft) that to get more MAPI properites, you need to use something like EWS. I can use EWS no problem, but one of the methods an item has is GetProperties which I think should allow me to retrieve other MAPI properties without EWS.

Trying to find documentation on this method is proving difficult (!). I have tried passing various argument without success. I wondered if anyone has some example code they could share.

$items = Get-PublicFolderItemStatistics -Server server1 -Identity "\Some\Folder\Path"
    $item = $items[0]
    $item.GetProperties(... what here?

FWIW, the type I can see it expects is "System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1[Microsoft.Exchange.Data.PropertyDefinition]" which returns almost nothing on an Internet search!

TIA

Sunday, July 16, 2017 10:40 AM