Characters encoding problem

Question

• Hi,

I am uses some third party library(C++) for my project.  I had passed string parameter to some method. I expect to receive this string back with some additional info, it's works ok when to use it only with Latin characters but when use it with the Cyrillic character my string became to "???????" I realize it because the C++ library uses different encoding from my application. What is a correct way to solve it ?

Best regards

Monday, March 16, 2015 9:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Marian - It's impossible to diagnose the problem from this amount of information.  Can you post a project that reproduces the problem?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, March 16, 2015 2:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Marian - It's impossible to diagnose the problem from this amount of information.  Can you post a project that reproduces the problem?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, March 16, 2015 2:34 PM
  • Thank you for reply, but problem was third part dll
    Thursday, April 09, 2015 5:50 PM