CSPack Error when publishing to Azure after install of Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 RRS feed

• Question

• After installing VS 2013 Update 3, I attempted a LightSwitch publish to an existing Azure setup. The Azure setup has been in place for over a year.

The first challenge was all of the publish settings were set back to IIS. I've updated the settings back to Azure.

When I do the publish, I receive an error:

The "CSPack" task was not found. Check the following: 1.) The name of the task in the project file is the same as the name of the task class. 2.) The task class is "public" and implements the Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask interface. 3.) The task is correctly declared with <UsingTask> in the project file, or in the *.tasks files located in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\bin" directory.    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\LightSwitch\v4.5\Publish\v2.4\Microsoft.LightSwitch.Publish.target

I've tried repairing the VS install via Add / Remove Programs.

Would anyone have ideas on how to fix?

Thank you, Bill

Saturday, August 16, 2014 7:44 PM

All replies

• Next I tried "Declaring LightSwitch Publish Wizard Bankrupcty"

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/david_kidder/archive/2012/12/05/declaring-lightswitch-publish-wizard-bankruptcy.aspx

Same error

Thank you, Bill

Saturday, August 16, 2014 8:00 PM
  • Uninstalled Visual Studio 2013 Update 3; reinstalled Update 2.

Now I receive:

The target "GetLightSwitchProjectSubType" does not exist in the project.    C:\%path2project%\Client\Client.csproj    0    1    Hubber

Thank you, Bill

Sunday, August 17, 2014 1:09 PM
  • Hi Bill,

As Dave's blog mentioned above, if you publish the same LightSwitch project to different targets (e.g. first publishing to IIS then publishing to Azure) you can get some weird errors in the publish wizard.  If you have switched your publish targets or if you have manually updated/removed settings from your .lsprojor .lsproj.userfile.

First, I'd like to suggest you to follow Dave's blog, and try it on your side.

Secondly, you can refer Beth's blog to deploy your LS app to Azure.

Deploy Your LightSwitch Apps to Azure Websites

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:01 AM
  • Angie,

Thank you for your reply.

To make certain I am clear, I executed the steps in Dave's blog prior to my last post on 8/17/2014:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/david_kidder/archive/2012/12/05/declaring-lightswitch-publish-wizard-bankruptcy.aspx

I've executed that about 5-6 times in the last year.

The application has not been published to IIS in at least 18 months.

I really wish there were two option:

1) Publish to IIS

2) Publish to Azure.

It seems to me this would eliminate the challenge.

The challenge now on the machine I am typing on now is:

The target "GetLightSwitchProjectSubType" does not exist in the project.    C:\%path2project%\Client\Client.csproj    0    1    Hubber

This error is after going back to Update 2 and performing the steps on Dave's blog.

Thank you, Bill

• Edited by jessiedog Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:48 AM clairity
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:47 AM
  • *** bump ***

Would anyone have thoughts on the error:

Thank you, Bill

Thursday, August 21, 2014 8:13 PM
  • Bill:

I also got the CSPack error a couple of months ago, but I think my problem was probably different.  Just in case if might help, this is what I did:

1) upgraded LS project from 2011 to 2012

2) upgraded LS project from 2012 to 2013

3) published to Azure --> got CSPack error

After trying numerous things, I:

1) upgraded LS project from 2011 to 2012

2) published to Azure (this worked)

2) upgraded LS project from 2012 to 2013

3) published to Azure (worked!)

So, publishing the 2012 version did something that made it work.

Also, have you installed the "Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2013 - March Update"?  And have you right-clicked on the LS project and clicked "Update" after installing the tools?

Mark

Thursday, August 21, 2014 8:49 PM