none
The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A RRS feed

• Question

• Dear friends,

I'm trying to create and save a word document using C#. But im getting following error,

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8001010A): The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER))
       at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.DocumentClass.get_Content()
       at CSC.PCC.PCCWordReport.<>c__DisplayClass2.<SaveDocument>b__0()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
       at CSC.PCC.PCCWordReport.SaveDocument()
    The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER))

I cannot even save a blank document. I created a custom message filter and registered it also. Please share me, if any of you resolved this.

Thanks,

Dilip

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 7:39 AM

All replies

• Hello Dilip,

Where do you try to run the code? Is it on the server side?

If so, the Considerations for server-side Automation of Office page states the following:

Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.

You may consider using Open XML SDK instead.

Also you may find the following links helpful:

how to solve The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER)) asp.net mvc

The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A

how to resolve The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER))

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 8:42 AM
  • Hi Eugene,

Here im doing a very simple thing. I'm just trying to create a blank document and save it.

Word.Application wordApplication = null;
                Word.Document wordWorkBook = null;
                //Word.Worksheet Sheet1 = null;
                object nullObj = System.Reflection.Missing.Value;
                    try
                    {
                        wordApplication = new Word.Application();
                        wordApplication.DisplayAlerts = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.WdAlertLevel.wdAlertsNone;
                        wordWorkBook = wordApplication.Documents.Add(ref nullObj, ref nullObj, ref nullObj, ref nullObj);

object fullPath = "C:\\Windows\\Temp\\testword.docx";

wordWorkBook.SaveAs(ref fullPath, ref nullObj,ref nullObj, ref nullObj, ref nullObj, ref nullObj,
                             ref nullObj, ref nullObj, ref nullObj, ref nullObj, ref nullObj,
              ref nullObj, ref nullObj, ref nullObj, ref nullObj, ref nullObj);

}

Thanks,

Dilip

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 9:29 AM
  • More Info,

Actually this issue comes only in Staging environment.

In my development environment this works fine and there Office 2007 Enterprise is installed.

But in Staging Office 2007 Professional Plus has installed.

Thanks,

Dilip

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 10:15 AM
  • Hi DiliP,

Base on the error message, the error reference Microsoft.SharePoint.SpSecurity and in your reply, you don’t have that code. Do you mean for that simple application (your reply) still have that issue?

Please try it in another machine which has office 2007 Professional Plus installed and check the result.

Best Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7:30 AM